Nail services for transvestite or transgender men?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day. I used to make wedding invitations and i did loads for civil partnerships too, so Is this an area i could cover, nail services for transgender men etc or is there not much call for this? or would i end up attracting some non-genuine clients? (other agendas etc)

Would transgender or transvestite men not feel comfortable coming to someones house (I have a treatment room at home), do they prefer salons?

Does any geek have any trans regulars, if so can you offer any advice?

I was thinking about this the other day. I used to make wedding invitations and i did loads for civil partnerships too, so Is this an area i could cover, nail services for transgender men etc or is there not much call for this? or would i end up attracting some non-genuine clients? (other agendas etc)

Would transgender or transvestite men not feel comfortable coming to someones house (I have a treatment room at home), do they prefer salons?

Does any geek have any trans regulars, if so can you offer any advice?

This an interesting thread. I am sure answers will be given on this! I know two males who are transvestite. And they seem very shy to where they go i think its because of the public in ''general'' people are mean! and sometimes that shows. You have to be extremely professional in how you treat them.
I knew one who would only buy his wigs from a shop where i did work placement, cos he knew i was there and he would come very late in the night when closing. And i just remember some men used come to a womens-wear shop where i used to work. And i remember the men asking my manager if it would be okay to shop there because they i had a negative vibes from elsewhere. We were fine with them shopping with us. But they would arrive late at night just before closing:Love:. But i would say once you have there approval they very loyal to you and you get good custom from them as well . I hope i get some transvestites in my salon id love it:Love:

This an interesting thread. I am sure answers will be given on this! I know two males who are transvestite. And they seem very shy to where they go i think its because of the public in ''general'' people are mean! and sometimes that shows. You have to be extremely professional in how you treat them.
I knew one who would only buy his wigs from a shop where i did work placement, cos he knew i was there and he would come very late in the night when closing. And i just remember some men used come to a womens-wear shop where i used to work. And i remember the men asking my manager if it would be okay to shop there because they i had a negative vibes from elsewhere. We were fine with them shopping with us. But they would arrive late at night just before closing:Love:. But i would say once you have there approval they very loyal to you and you get good custom from them as well . I hope i get some transvestites in my salon id love it:Love:

Hi thank you for the reply.
I was thinking of putting on my website that i do nail services for women and the trans community. Does that wording sound out or could i word it better or should i say something else, I would like them to know they are welcome to my place, people are people after all.

I checked with my hubby if he'd be ok with this (for some reason i thought he might get a bit funny about it!) but he said he didn't care, we've been together since 97 you'd think i'd know him by now lol.

I wonder if there are any popular classified websites that specially cater for the trans community that i could advertise in? x

Get in touch with Ruth Mills. Ask about her trans friendly salons idea x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Get in touch with Ruth Mills. Ask about her trans friendly salons idea x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I sent her a message for her to look at this thread and for her input, ta xx

Hi mods could you move this to the Biz Geek forum for me as i think it's more suitable, ta xxx

Hi thank you for the reply.
I was thinking of putting on my website that i do nail services for women and the trans community. Does that wording sound out or could i word it better or should i say something else, I would like them to know they are welcome to my place, people are people after all.

I checked with my hubby if he'd be ok with this (for some reason i thought he might get a bit funny about it!) but he said he didn't care, we've been together since 97 you'd think i'd know him by now lol.

I wonder if there are any popular classified websites that specially cater for the trans community that i could advertise in? x

I personally wouldn't do that i would just let them come to you naturally! That is what happened where i worked .And its because i think it could cause outsiders/ troublemakers to wait just for the trans community to come to your salon and make you and them feel uneasy if you know what i mean :irked: perhaps try talking to some clients that you know who may know and spread the word that way:idea:

Perhaps try speaking directly to people in the gay clubs in your area as well:idea:

we would be interested in knowing this as well ;)

I personally wouldn't do that i would just let them come to you naturally! That is what happened where i worked .And its because i think it could cause outsiders/ troublemakers to wait just for the trans community to come to your salon and make you and them feel uneasy if you know what i mean :irked: perhaps try talking to some clients that you know who may know and spread the word that way:idea:

oooh i see, you'd think people would have something better to do than harrass someone.

We do have a club in Bletchley called Pink Punters, so perhaps i could go down there and put a card on their notice board or something.

oooh i see, you'd think people would have something better to do than harrass someone.

We do have a club in Bletchley called Pink Punters, so perhaps i could go down there and put a card on their notice board or something.

Well the unfortunately public can be nasty! where the transvestites used to shop before customers used to laugh at them and that is why they asked my manger if it would be okay for them to shop with us we as a shop were fine with it. And customers used to laugh at us helping them shop not that we cared but the transvestites that is why they used to come at night to shop with us before closing :|

I would spread the word directly to the gay community i hope this helps hun

Last edited:
Well the unfortunately public can be nasty! where the transvestites used to shop before customers used to laugh at them and that is why they asked my manger if it would be okay for them to shop with us we as a shop were fine with it. And customers used to laugh at us helping them shop not that we cared but the transvestites they used to come at night to shop with us before closing :|

I would spread the word directly to the gay community i hope this helps hun

It does help, thanks luvvey x

I've done and do nails for men and women, I dont have a problem and the men who have contacted me and or had nails done, love the fact I'm a private home salon and they can sit and relax and happily have their nails done without others looking and possibly judging them.

I know its hard for a man to go to a open salon and possibly be judged (wrongly) and if I can help then I'm glad to and I know that I can give them amazing nails to whatever design they want.

I have on my advert and on my new website (holding page at moment) that should be going live soon that I'm a private salon that happily caters for men and women, yes you may get the occ odd call, but I assure you you will know when it's like that. I don't specificy trans anything, the client will contact you and ask if your happy to do his or her nails if you just put male/female.

Nails are nails and people are people and my personal thought are no one should be treated differently. I have friends and clients from all walks of life and I treat them all the same.

Loyal happy clients can be male and female, transgender, transsexual or just someone who wants amazing nails for whatever reason, to me if I do their nails and they leave happy and smiling, then I'm happy.

I've done and do nails for men and women, I dont have a problem and the men who have contacted me and or had nails done, love the fact I'm a private home salon and they can sit and relax and happily have their nails done without others looking and possibly judging them.

I know its hard for a man to go to a open salon and possibly be judged (wrongly) and if I can help then I'm glad to and I know that I can give them amazing nails to whatever design they want.

I have on my advert and on my new website (holding page at moment) that should be going live soon that I'm a private salon that happily caters for men and women, yes you may get the occ odd call, but I assure you you will know when it's like that.

Nails are nails and people are people and my personal thought are no one should be treated differently. I have friends and clients from all walks of life and I treat them all the same.

Loyal happy clients can be male and female IMO

Hiya hun
can you remember how your first male client came to find out about you?

I have a couple of friends that are transgendered so that has been one way but also I've been found via my gumtree advert and via the CND locator.

My boyfriend gets his nails done at my spa, I guess he doesn't care because its my place but my point is, don't eliminate the rest of the gender just because they aren't trans, hand out the leaflets with something like men an women welcome, hopefully you'll get lots of genuine new clients xxxx

Transgender, transvestite, gay, bisexual etc. There are so many variations. Someones sex, sexual preference, style of dress, creed, colour, race or religion is not my business. I am a nail technician and I welcome all, although I suppose that's not made specifically clear in my publicity, its maybe something I should address.

For security (my salon is secluded and at the back of my house), the only extra thing I do if I have a male client is to make sure there is someone else in the house the first time they visit.

As I have good relations with a salon, if I get a call from a male wanting nails done I arrange to see him in the salon when there are others there, rather that than have him in my house, as I would feel uncomfortable, but that's just me.

I personally don't mind anyone coming to my home salon, but saying that with all new clients the first app is always done with a member of my family being home too whether male or female for safety. My male and some female clients prefer coming to me because I am private home salon with a more personal and one to one service, that's not rushed and its relaxed

I've changed my price list to reflect men, does the below sound ok?

MENS NATURAL NAIL MANICURE (includes cuticle work, file, shape, soak, exfoliation, moisturising & nails buffed to a natural shine)

Mens natural nail manicure.....£10.00

MENS GEL MANICURE
(includes cuticle work, file, shape & polish. Gel can be left shiney or buffed to give a matt appearence)

Mens clear gel manicure.....£20.00
Other colours are available.

MENS LUXURY GEL MANICURE
(includes cuticle work, file, shape & polish, soak, exfoliation & moisturising. Gel can be left shiney or buffed to give a matt appearence)

Mens clear gel manicure.....£25.00
Other colours are available.

Latest posts

Back