Nail services only??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw88

Reaction score
hi, geeks

this may sound a stupid question to those of you already in the nail businees but as i am only new to this i need all the help i can get

i am still in collage training for my l2 beauty therapy, but i already have a qualification in acrylic nails, manicure and pedicure

i was hoping to rent a room in my local tanning salon and offer these servies only until i have my full qualification and i am fully comptent but do those of you who offer nail treatments only bring in much money as i will need to cover my costs i am also thinking about a nail art course

sorry to go on a bit but i thought it best to give you all the info

xx :):)

hi there, i am not yet qualified however a few of my friends are and they make quite a lot of money just from the nails. you can set your own prices to ensure you do cover all your expenses. have you considered mobile? less expense while your getting started and then when you have built a client base you could consider setting up in a hairdressers or a salon. i'm starting college in september but have my nail course end of this month so my plan is as per above, then when i have done couple of years in college will think about going into a salon. good luck x

thanks for your reply,

yeah my first thought was to work from home but my place is not all that big and i dont think that will send of the profesional image i am aiming for,

then i was thinking of mobile as i passed my driving test 3 weeks ago! but i dont have a car yet and with my baby on the way it will be an unessasary expense since my boyfriend already drives and has a car

so that left me with renting a room which i no will be a struggle for a while but i really want to start earning as soon as possible for my babys sake

its a tough one but i think i should just go for it and see how it pans out,

hope your training goes well :hug:
xx

I know plenty of people who are just nail techs and they a run successful business.

I see that you are pregnant so I am curious as too how long you will be working before your baby comes and what will do when you are maternity leave?

ye it is a really difficult time for me to be starting up
but i have got till september and i need to get up and running, i havent got all the specifics worked out at the mo until i am certain i am goin 4 it and have a salon sorted, my thoughts were to maybe work as close to my due date a possible maybe a week or 2 before and then after the baby is born have my regulars come out to the house till i am ok to be working again x

hi, geeks

this may sound a stupid question to those of you already in the nail businees but as i am only new to this i need all the help i can get

i am still in collage training for my l2 beauty therapy, but i already have a qualification in acrylic nails, manicure and pedicure

i was hoping to rent a room in my local tanning salon and offer these servies only until i have my full qualification and i am fully comptent but do those of you who offer nail treatments only bring in much money as i will need to cover my costs i am also thinking about a nail art course

sorry to go on a bit but i thought it best to give you all the info

xx :):)

Hi

You could definitely start up just doing nails. With your maniucre and pedicure qualification your treatment list could be quite long!

For example, you could offer 3 different types of mani and pedi - express, standard and luxury - tailor your actual service to your time and price. Also add on file and polish to either fingers and/or toes as a seperate option.

Then there are treatments like hand scrubs and hand/foot masks which could be stand alone treatments.

With your acrylic nails, natural nail overlays and soon to be added - nail art, you've got quite a list!

Also, you could offer children's nail parties or pamper evenings for ladies and perhaps use your boyfriend's car to go to these!

I started off with just nails and added spray tanning and now eyelash extensions gradually.

Go for it - and good luck with the baby!:hug:

:green:
Hi

You could definitely start up just doing nails. With your maniucre and pedicure qualification your treatment list could be quite long!

For example, you could offer 3 different types of mani and pedi - express, standard and luxury - tailor your actual service to your time and price. Also add on file and polish to either fingers and/or toes as a seperate option.

Then there are treatments like hand scrubs and hand/foot masks which could be stand alone treatments.

With your acrylic nails, natural nail overlays and soon to be added - nail art, you've got quite a list!

Also, you could offer children's nail parties or pamper evenings for ladies and perhaps use your boyfriend's car to go to these!

I started off with just nails and added spray tanning and now eyelash extensions gradually.

Go for it - and good luck with the baby!:hug:

thanks a lot for your reply its really helpfull and just what i needed to boost my confidence a little xxx
:green:

Latest posts

Back