nail shape\structure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geex

Reaction score
hey there, i'm new and i was wondering if anyone could possibly answer my question about nail shape\structure.
i really like the "flat nail" look, and i don't mean the free edge's c-curve when you're looking at the nail from the front, but when looking at the nail from the side.
so for example, when you're placing your pad on a surface, the nail itself doesn't touch it and even points slightly upwards.
i'm also attaching some photos in hopes that it can visualize the structure further.
af6c4220273d8a5877570998bf9d3c48_collage_450.jpg

are there anymore tips to achieve this look besides using a very flat tip?

thanks a bunch!

soft gel extensions may be a good idea, they still have the basic apex for structure but are a lot less chunky than other forms of extensions!

thanks for your reply. i use soft builder gel but my question is how to achieve the "nail pointing slightly upwards" look? would it be possible with flat tips at all, or only with forms? do flatten the cuticle area more and focus the product in the apex and\free edge?

You cannot have a nail without an apex. Otherwise the extension will break and could cause damage to the natural nail. The only way I can think of, without touching the apex is to tilt your file upwards when filing from below.

Latest posts

Back