Nail Shapes- Whats your favorite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always had mine square. Then at Excel Ketan did one nail for me and said the almond/stiletto shape would suit me much better as it makes my fingers look longer. I was nervous at first but I love the one he did and going to re-do the rest like that. Only problem is it is much longer than the rest but think it needs to be to get the correct shape.

i used to wear square, but have switched to ovel now, as i think they make my hands look more elegant. but alot of my younger clients prefer square

Most of my clients prefer square. but i like oval and square. i love stilletto now and again.

oval and square for me! :)

square with rounded corners

Square for ever!!!

*JOANNE* said:
if i want longer nails i love almonds but if i have them very short then it is squares....i have short stumpy fingers so almonds really suit them...if they are done quite long
the majority of my ladies have almond shapes too with the odd one usually my younger clients have square
can i just say that the oval shaped nails you have done are GORGEOUS!!! can never get mine to look that good and i have really wide nail beds so i thought i'd suit oval bu they look hideous.Keep the good work up Joanne x:D

I like my nails oval. When I had the square everyone kept saying I had nails like Stacey Slater - yuck! I have really really small hands and fingers so the oval balances well with the cutical as i have really round fingernails ! Hmm hope this makes sense ! L x

Mine are almond cos I wear them natural. Most clients are still squoval but I think as techs start falling in love with stilleto/almond shapes it'll filter down and clients will start requesting them more. I think oval and almond look softer and more feminine than sqaure or squoval, and stilleto is fab!

dave aka pnl said:
Oval gives the nail a longer apperance :cool: .

Yup, true enough.
BUT I have long fingers and long nail beds.. so it was never a concern for me. No matter what shape I put on, they look long (yup, lucky me:wink2: )
I dont know... I just hated them on me, hehe

Latest posts

Back