Nail shapes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade_mul

Reaction score
Constructive advice please,

I am currently doing a Nsi gel course and my question is about filing nail shapes, I can get a sort of decent shape when I put the extension on but once all the product is on I seem to loose the shape which I try and file back into shape but then as soon as I put the gel polish on the look awful again please help!

A filing routine is a great place to start. So you then do the same routine with every set.
You need to check the nail from all angles, your view, turn your clients hand and lift their fingers, side view, down the barrel of the nail and I also feel the nail as I work.
It can initially be difficult if you’re working with a clear product but keep practicing

This can be a problem with the current passion for builder base coats etc, having got your definition on the enhancement you lose it a bit in the gel polish application?

Try getting your gel polish layers as thin as possible. That will help a bit.

I'm waiting for someone to bring out a revolutionary thin base and top gel, lol! Builders are great over natural nails but can be a pain over built up enhancements.

This can be a problem with the current passion for builder base coats etc, having got your definition on the enhancement you lose it a bit in the gel polish application?

Try getting your gel polish layers as thin as possible. That will help a bit.

I'm waiting for someone to bring out a revolutionary thin base and top gel, lol! Builders are great over natural nails but can be a pain over built up enhancements.

Yes that’s exactly it, Thank you I shall concentrate on getting the gel polish thin! As I do feel this is making some of the issue xx

Latest posts

Back