Nail split - Shellac repair with fibreglass strips new question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibi Lashes

Reaction score
Hi

I know this has been covered but my question is slightly different.

Have watched the Fingernailfixer clip several times and bought some fibreglass strips, but mine are not self adhesive like hers.

I have a client coming in an hour with a split down her nail, its a natural one that occurs all the time. I thought I'd try and put one of my strips on to seal it and make it smoother.

So, how do you get the strips to stick if they are not self adhesive - would it be ok to do a base coat, cure and then apply and then put a second coat of base coat on and rub in as she does, or would you skip the second base coat and go in with a colour but rub in?

Help!

THANKS in advance

X

Any ideas ladies, or it will just be a trial and error with this client and shes not been before!! Help!

Hello lovely

I havent got an answer for you, but how about contacting holly on her fingernail fixer facebook page if you dont get a response on here. Hopefully someone will be along shortly to help but was just an idea just incase :)

Love n hugs

Thanks Happyfeet. I should have thought about it earlier and contacted her, will do later, just have to hope for the best with this lady! S x

Your welcome lovey. Also give sweet squared a call, theyre great for asking this sort of question :) ive used fibreglass mesh but the adhesive kind and its worked great so good luck with your lady today honey.

Love n hugs x x x

i always thought with a fiberglass nail wrap you needed adhesive and activator then buff the piece of fiberglass into the nail so you dont have a lump when applying polish/shellac over the top? but dont buff too hard as you dont want to buff it all off, just blend it in? im confused now? x

they are talking about nail repair with fiberglass, that holly posted as video on YT
she uses adhesive fiberglass from backscratchers, paints base coat on fiberglas, cures, and the rest is as usual
works nice, I did it a few times
with non-adhesive fiberglass I would do as you say - base, fiberglas with second layer of base, and the rest

you can order a sample set of the fiberglass that holly uses in online backscracher's shop, costs around 5 eur and ships for free - enough for repairs

I may be wrong but what i do to repair a natural nail is apply a very small amount of resin over the split wait 10 seconds then apply the piece of fibreglass/silk this makes it stick, then i apply a little more resin over the top wait 10 seconds, spray activator then buff . Did my sisters yesterday lol:biggrin:

Hi Geeks

Well, funnily, when I took the strip out of its packet it was sticky LOL!!!!

Did exactly what Fingernailfixer did and it worked a treat. The client had a massive split in her big toe all the way down practically. Someone had dropped a bottle on her toe some years ago.

The strip plus the Shellac worked perfectly, you couldn't even she where the split had been!

She was very happy and I got to try something new!

Thanks for all your replies ladies!

S x

I have a client whose nails split. I use forever French builder gel on those three fingers instead of base coat. It lasts a couple of applications before we have to reapply the builder gel. But I'm going to try the fiberglass next time. X my fingers.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Hi Geeks

Well, funnily, when I took the strip out of its packet it was sticky LOL!!!!

Did exactly what Fingernailfixer did and it worked a treat. The client had a massive split in her big toe all the way down practically. Someone had dropped a bottle on her toe some years ago.

The strip plus the Shellac worked perfectly, you couldn't even she where the split had been!

She was very happy and I got to try something new!

Thanks for all your replies ladies!

S x

Awww great news honey bet your client was chuffed!

X x x

Latest posts

Back