Nail stamping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend nail stamping kits that work well when using over gel? Would you stamp over the cured colour or over the top coat and would you apply another top coat over it or just top coat nail polish? Thanks

I think that pretty much any stamping would work over gel. I use Clear Jelly Stamper polishes and they work great. I always stamp over a cleansed top coat so that uncured inhibition layer doesn't get transferred everywhere. Then if I screw up my stamp, I can wipe it off and redo without removing any colour.

Stamping is something I truly struggle with. I don't know if it's the plates i use or if my technique is wrong. I just can't get the handle of it x

Stamping is something I truly struggle with. I don't know if it's the plates i use or if my technique is wrong. I just can't get the handle of it x
I like the clear, marshmallow stampers. 'Roll' to pick up image and 'push' down to release onto cleansed colour coat :)

It is all about the polish you use and how quickly you work! I am in the U.S. and we have a store here called five below (a store where everything is $5 or less). They sell black and white polishes that are perfect for stamping (at 3 for $5!). As far as stamping with colors, anything very pigmented and opaque is perfect. Lots of the Sally Hansen instadri polishes work great!

I buy most of my stamps from born pretty or Bundle Monster. Great quality plates and very affordable!

It really just takes practice! I still do art by hand, but this saves me so much time! I also will stamp a design then color it in with gel polish.

I am happy to answer any questions you might have!
Screenshot_20180723-121505_Instagram.jpeg
Screenshot_20180723-121535_Instagram.jpeg
Screenshot_20180723-121548_Instagram.jpeg
Screenshot_20180723-121607_Instagram.jpeg
Screenshot_20180723-121622_Instagram.jpeg
Screenshot_20180723-121833_Facebook.jpeg
Screenshot_20180723-121847_Facebook.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180723-121505_Instagram.jpeg
    Screenshot_20180723-121505_Instagram.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 20
You can stamp over the top coat, so if you dont like it you can just wipe off and start again. Yes then top coat the design.

I use moyou london stamping plates stampers and polishes. I would reccomend as i found the process easy. But practice makes perfect and i was happy with what i produced after 1st day of practice.

Latest posts

Back