Nail Station Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shazzar

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Does anybody have any recommendations for where to buy a nail station from?

I believe in you get what you pay for but I'm finding it hard to find the money for a good nail station. I'm currently using a table that I bought from Ikea but of course the more nails I do, the more aware I am that I need to have sufficient extraction ventilation.

I want to buy a good station together with built in extractor - does anybody have any recommendations for quality stuff at really good prices?

Please help!

Got mine at www.hollywoodstarnails.com, it cost £120 and you can ask for an extractor fan to be put in for £80 (i think) not sure if i'm remembering correctly! :green:

This the style, although mines in beech to match my other furniture!

BAN3.jpg

Hiya,
You could try Salon Beauty supplies of Crewe-01270 522555/588835
www.salonlines.com
They are very good.
Hths

Thanks guys! Anybody else got any good deals they'd like to let me in on?!!

Cheers xx

Hi. I got mine from The Hairdressing and Beauty Equipment Centre. They do different styles and sizes. Mine was an Italian singel pedestal with extractor for £280 plus vat (well £250 as I asked for discount for buying 2!). Delivery for them both was £35. There is a little bit of self assembly required but easy enough. WE have had good comments from customers, and the extractor fan is v. effective (in fact it's frightening how much dust it collects, did I really used to breathe that all in before!). They are in London and their number is 020 7607 7475/6. Don't know if they have a website, but they have a good catalogue with all their other stuff.

Got mien in Argos €50.00 three drawers and three shelves its perfect and cheep

Hi there

This lot seem to have reasonable prices compared to many others.

www.salonlines.com

Deb379

I got a friend to make me mine - he does welding/ fabrications. It was his first attempt and hasn't got storage yet but I'm really pleased with it. It only took him 2 hours bless him!
if you know someone that can do that type of thing, it's amazing how cheap the materials are to buy. It's a shame stations are so expensive. (I couldn't afford a pricey one either). Filters can just be fitted yourself. Alternatively, why dont you use an argos type or wooden table and get a filter fitted? Sure it can't be that hard to do, but there again...I haven't tried so can't comment!

Sam X

It is so hard to find a good priced desk with a filter included, but some of those sites you guys have mentioned i have to say are quite reasonable. Extractors are quite expensive, any one know the best place to get one?

Couldn't agree more about making them, and from buying from Argos. You can always check filters out from electronics firms etc, doesn't have to be just nails.

Unfortunately like any hobby, manufacturers take advantage because people think they have to have what's all the rage and end up paying a fortune for things, not saying everyone is gullable but you can often make do.

Deb379

Thanks everybody for your suggestions.

:)

Latest posts

Back