Nail Station Rental - Re: Contract of Employment / Holidays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby19

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am currently in the process of renting out a nail station to a technician and I am trying to draw up a contract outlining what we can expect of each other so there are no problems down the line.

However, my question is - If the nail technician goes on holiday should I still charge her rent?

I think this is a tricky area as when I go on holiday I still have to pay my rent so why should it be any different for the technician. On the other hand if they are not there then they won't be using any consumables i,e, lighting, telephone, heating etc.

If anyone has any opinions or if there are any nail technicians renting a station who can advise what their situation is it would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Karen

Although I don't have a point of professional reference to draw from, from the common sense point of view I have an opinion.

Of course she should be charged rent while on holidays. She is maintaining her place in your salon, you cannot rent her space out to another nail tech in her absence, so she is responsible for paying her fees regardless of whether she is at work or not.

A landlord wouldn't dismiss a tenants rent due because they have gone on a vacation, and I still have to pay for my children's spot at daycare whether I choose to send them or keep them home.

Just my two cents.

I would have to agree with the above, however you could split the rent into two portion, one portion could be actual rent and the other smaller portion could be for consumables, so therefore during holidays only the rental portion would be due and not the consumable portion as she would be not be using any. Alternatively you could offer a reduction during holiday weeks, i.e. like a retainer charge for the rent. Either way I think you are entitled to ask for rent, no question about it. Hth.
Mandy

I have always paid rent for the space I rent whenever I go on holiday or if I am off ill. I would be surprised if I didn't have to.

I am agree as well with the others!I am paying my rent for a room all the times,and nursery fee... ect. That's the life here!

Latest posts

Back