nail stationery and appointment books

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi im learning to do a gel nail course im looking in to what i need to get started if i decide to go in to buisness. if i pass was thinking of starting with friends and family and i could give them a price list a card. where would i be able to get these as i cant seem to find them also looking for an appointment book and nail record cards for cllients. any help would be apreciated any advice on how to start your own buisness????:irked:

Hey :)
Im also just about to start setting up to start working from home.
What I'm doing is, using Microsoft Publisher to create my own business cards, price lists, advertising flyers, aftercare leaflets etc. Then I will just take the files into a printing shop and pay for them to be printed. Its much better being able to customise them to exactly what you want, and there are plenty of great pics on the net :)

Depending on which company you train with,you can actually buy client record cards,ask for permission to use their logo on business cards and receive the images,and aftercare leaflets etc etc,for far less hassle and cost than it takes to have them printed.
Printing your own (at a printers ) works out cheaper in the end,-only if you want to order in bulk-ie lots!
If you want smaller amounts of cards(say 50 or 100 etc,)they already have done all the artwork,the cards look and feel professional -it is way cheaper to order business cards or record cards etc from them.
Price lists however are so individual,that no company could anticipate,what type is required-so these you could design yourself.I have no clue as to the best and most economic way to do this,as it really depends on how good you are with a computer and if you own a laser printer,or if you are like me-you could spend hours and hours flootin around,and realise at the end of the day,that you could have made more money doing what you do,and pay a printer 30 mins to achieve what you want,or buy them ready made !

Last edited:
Hey :)
Im also just about to start setting up to start working from home.
What I'm doing is, using Microsoft Publisher to create my own business cards, price lists, advertising flyers, aftercare leaflets etc. Then I will just take the files into a printing shop and pay for them to be printed. Its much better being able to customise them to exactly what you want, and there are plenty of great pics on the net :)

You have to be very careful with pictures you have got from the net. You will find that most have a copyright on them and it is possible for them to sue you, unless you have their permission to use the image for your business. HTH

you can buy client cards, appointment cards and aftercare cards from
sally's and capital. as for leaflets and flyers it does depend on your budget
if you do a search on here you will find websites of companys that other
geeks use for their printing. i use vista print for my business cards and gift
vouchers.

Im starting my own business in September and I have looked at Vistaprint and they look brilliant, really good prices, and free business cards! XXX

Im starting my own business in September and I have looked at Vistaprint and they look brilliant, really good prices, and free business cards! XXX
All my advertising is through vistaprint. I love them. I order heaps of stuff when they have their specials on so it costs hardly anything. My last order of 250 business cards, 10 calendar magnets, a notepad and 50 postcards cost me less than $40 including postage.

Latest posts

Back