nail supplies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetkoala

Reaction score
Hi, im just starting out and am being creative trained and would really appreciate if any body knows of any supplier websites that are reasonably cheap as i'm pretty poor at present until my training is finished! any help would be much appreciated! If easier, please pm me
Thanks

:suprised:Can nobody help???

I am in dire straits at the moment and help would be greatly appreciated!!!
:sad:

hi try ka sa ra chocolates web sitexx

Hi there!

If you are being Creative trained then I'm afraid to say you really should stay with their products, if you haven't enough products to finish your homework get in touch with the training department and see what they say. Which academy are you training with? J x

I have sent you a pm

I'm training with a nailcraft salon therefore don;t get a kit. So basically i just need to start building up a kit of my own. the training is done in house and is based on creative but to be honest they dont tend to stick to only creative products. For example i know that Orly, The edge & sally products are used within the salon.

sweetkoala said:
I'm training with a nailcraft salon therefore don;t get a kit. So basically i just need to start building up a kit of my own. the training is done in house and is based on creative but to be honest they dont tend to stick to only creative products. For example i know that Orly, The edge & sally products are used within the salon.
Hi Tasha

Just being nosey but what do you mean "based on Creative"? Are you going to be trained using Creative L&P - my question is because if you were training at a Creative Nail Academy for example, a starter kit at least would be included?

ps. if you can get yourself to a professional show like Excel etc you will at least save on postage costs for purchases and there are usually lots of deals/offers on - not sure which show would be coming nearest to you next though as Excel may be too far for you.

The trainers who trained me were originally creative trained but because it is all inhouse training, i dont have to pay for it, the company pay hence why i dont get a kit fir myself. I have equipment in the salon i will be working in but not for my own personal use, just for use in the salon whilst i am working therefore until i build up my own kit, i cannot practise outside of work.

Where are you training, what is the salon called as I don't live far from you so might be able to help.

Sonia

sweetkoala said:
The trainers who trained me were originally creative trained but because it is all inhouse training, i dont have to pay for it, the company pay hence why i dont get a kit fir myself. I have equipment in the salon i will be working in but not for my own personal use, just for use in the salon whilst i am working therefore until i build up my own kit, i cannot practise outside of work.

I'm a bit confused! If you are working and training in a nail salon, surely the other employees know where you can get some nail products to use at home from? Can you not go to Sally's with the company and buy products? Surely they want you to progress and therefore are willing to help you? This all sounds a bit odd to me, sorry if that sounds a bit off but it just does!

Hi, just to clear something up because i have had a message warning me that i sound as though i am not actually training, i just thought i would post a thread with the salon website on it: http://www.nailcraft.co.uk

the method i need help with is this

Semi-Permanent Tips and Resin
These tips are very natural in appearance with a choice of either clear tips or French polish look tips. These tips last between 2 and 3 weeks and allow the natural nail to grow underneath.
(French polish application an extra £6.50)
Single Tip and resin Technician £2.75
Senior Technician £3.05
Technician:£27.50 - Snr Technician:£30.50

this is direct from the price list.

Many thanks

sweetkoala said:
Hi, just to clear something up because i have had a message warning me that i sound as though i am not actually training, i just thought i would post a thread with the salon website on it: http://www.nailcraft.co.uk

the method i need help with is this

Semi-Permanent Tips and Resin
These tips are very natural in appearance with a choice of either clear tips or French polish look tips. These tips last between 2 and 3 weeks and allow the natural nail to grow underneath.
(French polish application an extra £6.50)
Single Tip and resin Technician £2.75
Senior Technician £3.05
Technician:£27.50 - Snr Technician:£30.50

this is direct from the price list.

Many thanks
Hi Tasha

I think the reason people are a little confused is because its hard to understand how this in-house training is operating. I would have thought it would be in the salon's best interests to direct you towards the products they already use in order for you to practice successfully from home, as opposed to you going off and getting involved with another company's products. Can they not obtain extra stock for you to purchase in order for you to practice?

I have to admit, I don't understand this Tip and Resin menu - I have only ever seen people listing fibreglass, Acrylic (L&P) or gel and wonder if this is their "terminology" for fibreglass.

Sorry this probably isn't helping, but I'm also confused!

Hi there Natasha (have sent you an email!)

I think the reason you are going to get a few problems with this is that most people on this board are trained and qualified in permanent long term enhancements (L&P, UV Gel, Fibreglass) that require some pretty heavy duty training with an industry recognised company like Creative or Ezflow, NSI etc..

I think to say you are being 'Creative ' trained is a little misleading as you are not attending an academy. Anyway best of luck with the Nailcraft training and hopefully they will be providing some in house training on the more permanent methods too.

J x

Well this is all a bit curious. And I'm afraid you are being missled by the owners of the franchise you are training in or by the Franchisors who are training you.

Looks like they've done a fair job of trying to gain a reputation off the back of Creative (even the logo is a pretty close rip off of the CND sweeping 'C'). In legal terms it is called 'passing off' -- trying to pass yourself off as something you are not (this is not personally directed at you).
The salon does not seem to be allying themselves to any product line by the look of the website and probably uses a mish mash of many things including some Creative products. This tip and resin thing ( which is a semi permanent thing using everything in a wrap system without using the wrap!!) is not CND.
By the way, all nails grow under any system!! They sound to be missleading you and their customers too.

You are not Creative trained unless you are Creative trained! Even if the trainers did train with Creative, it does not make them trainers or CND Master Technicians. If all they have done is a Foundation course then they are not completely Creative trained either. No one is completely CND trained until they have completed the whole syllabus right up to Master Technician.
You would not be eligible to buy CND products after you finish your training with these people either.
It sounds as if they are doing the old thing of tying you to their salon by not giving you any information and they'll probably hold your certificate too and not give it to you should you decide to leave ... an old trick that. You'll be left out in the cold with nothing to say you had any training.
Be careful.

Would just like to say thank you to everyne who replied to my thread and thank you for all the help you've given me. I don't think here is the place to ask for help again however.
Nail Extension trining is very expensive as you know and i would just like to clarify that once my training is complete i will recieve an NVQ certificate in Nail extensions something that i could go to college for as well and something that is also offered in my local college.
GiMake your own decisions.
No further help required!
Thanks anyway.

sweetkoala said:
Would just like to say thank you to everyne who replied to my thread and thank you for all the help you've given me. I don't think here is the place to ask for help again however.
Nail Extension trining is very expensive as you know and i would just like to clarify that once my training is complete i will recieve an NVQ certificate in Nail extensions something that i could go to college for as well and something that is also offered in my local college.
Thanks anyway.
Oh Hun, this is a shame..............
because this site would be so useful for you, it covers all aspects of Nail Technology...............and the best place to ask for help and advice....

Gigi made a fair comment and in all our years in the Industry, we have seen all sorts of training schools, some great, some good and some terrible.........

No one is saying that your training with your chosen centre is rubbish.........it is just very odd to receive training, only being able to do this during shop or study times.......and not having a student kit at your disposal....

the point is............. If you are being creative trained it would be through one of the Creative Academies..................There you would only use Creative products and receive your Creative Certificates.........also a training kit is included with the training so you can train and practice at all times and are not time or Salon restricted....

If a training centre uses all sorts of products and they are not Creative Ambassadors (Sole Creative Trainers and Tutors and Academy recognised) then you are not receiving Creative training as you said in your first post...........You are receiving Nail Technology training....using various products............

As from September we have a new NVQ3 for Nail Technology only, at the moment it is not as involved as it will be...............

Creative training will also help you towards your NVQ, you will be able to use all your notes and training for your NVQ3 folder and portfolio.............

Training is a minefield..........if you are happy with your training then that's brill.......
but it wont allow you to use Creative products.......... for that you will have to be Creative trained or hold a Conversion certificate..............

As for products to train with, use products that are being used in the Salon.....
Ask you tutor for Wholesalers details and addresses.................we have a link to industries in this site and you can choose from a whole range of companies......
Sally's, Capital and Beauty, Salon Services all hold a range of products too.........including tools and implements..........
Again ask your tutor for a kit list and then you can purchase those items when ready............
Just my thoughts and I hope you will stay and become one of our friends....we all are very passionate about our profession and we can sound at times a bit defensive............. but this is only because we care and want the best for each and every individual Technician.............newly trained, in training or like me an oldish fossil...................
take care and good luck with your training xxxxx

sweetkoala said:
Thanks anyway.

If you are serious about being a good nail tech then you truly won't get better help or advice than you will on this board Tasha, some of the best in the business are on here, like Ruth says it can seem a bit defensive at times but there are so many pitfalls in this biz that we try our best to make people see they could be heading into one, I personally lost alot of money by not taking the right path and using the right products at first and wish sooo much I'd had this site when I first set up. No one is saying you MUST do Creative training to be a good tech, there are many good training courses out there, just don't be fooled by your trainers into thinking by being trained by them you will be able to purchase the Creative products when your time at Nailcraft is over. Ruths advice is very good advice, speak to your trainer about the products you will be using in the workplace. Like I said in my email to you, sometimes advice might sound harsh, but on this board you will always get the truth and always find factual help and advice. J x

CORRECT ME IF IAM WRONG BUT WASN'T YOU A CREATIVE AMBASSADOR (OR STILL ARE) GIGI?

GIGI IS VERY VERY EXPERIENCED AND KNOWS WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT, I DON'T THINK YOU NEED TAKE THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE ALL GIGI IS DOING IS BEEN HONEST AND TRYING TO ADVISE YOU AND SHES RIGHT THE COMPANY YOU ARE "TRAINING" WITH IS MISLEADING YOU MUST REMEMBER GIGI WAS NOT HAVING A DIG AT YOU SHE WAS MEARLEY GIVING YOU SOME ADVICE TO WHICH YOU TOOK OFFENCE TO
(PERSONALLY I DON'T KNOW WHY?)

YOU NEED TO REALISE IN LIFE YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET TO HEAR THE THINGS YOU WANT TO HEAR.

EVERYONE ON THIS SITE ARE PROFESSIONALS AND THERFORE GIVE THEIR PROFESSIONAL OPIONION.

AND AS FOR THIS SITE NOT BEING INFORMATIVE ENOUGH FOR YOU GOOD LUCK IN FINDING SOMEWHERE ELSE AS GOOD AS THIS SITE I BET U WON'T I HAVE SEARCHED THE WEB HIGH AND LOW AND HAVEN'T FOUND ANY SITE NEARLEY AS GOOD AS THIS ONE.

Latest posts

Back