SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJS17

Reaction score
hi everyone. I am level 2 and 3 beauty qualified and also qualified in gel polish. I currently use ink London for my gels.
however I'm going on to do a nail tech course level 3, and was wondering to those who do acrylics and gel enhancements do you use a one brand system or separate ones? I know for gels its recommended to use the same brand lamp with the polishes. if so what systems do you use?
I looked at ink London acrylink range and wasn't really please with the pics online as you can't actually see what the colours are and feel there's not much of a range.

Hi, I use Young Nails across all systems because I love the brand and also train for them, however it is personal preference for you, either use all from one supplier or use all gel from one and all acrylic from another....I don't really like seeing mix and match i.e monomer from one company and powders from another as it just doesn't look professional, you could end up with service breakdown and you don't really know how the two would mix 🤔
What I'm trying to say in a long winded fashion....sorry about that....is that its OK to have products from 2 different companies as long as you don't mix them 😊
Hope that helps. Xxx

Hi, I use Young Nails across all systems because I love the brand and also train for them, however it is personal preference for you, either use all from one supplier or use all gel from one and all acrylic from another....I don't really like seeing mix and match i.e monomer from one company and powders from another as it just doesn't look professional, you could end up with service breakdown and you don't really know how the two would mix 🤔
What I'm trying to say in a long winded fashion....sorry about that....is that its OK to have products from 2 different companies as long as you don't mix them 😊
Hope that helps. Xxx
thasnkyou!, I know not to mix different brands, as you never know how they turn out plus safety. i'll look into young nails, thankyou. so many brands its hard to know who to go with xx

😁 it really is thats for sure. Happy to have helped. 💅🏽💅🏽Xx

Ive only trained in Gel, but ive been using TheGelBottle inc. They seem really nice and are big bottles. Wait for the sales/offers though!

I only used CND products. They make the best acrylic and gel polish systems. Polishes I used different brands.

Ive only trained in Gel, but ive been using TheGelBottle inc. They seem really nice and are big bottles. Wait for the sales/offers though!
Do you know when the sales are?

Discounts are usually offered to coincide with annual beauty shows, so if you’re already registered with the distributors, you should receive notifications automatically.

TGB seems to ALWAYS be on sale. When I tried their products last year, I must have signed up to their email list. I've just gone through my history. I've had 13 emails about sales/deals this year so far...

Latest posts

Back