Nail table for home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

For those of you that have a home salon what table do you have? I know if you buy an official nail table you pay more so has anyone bought one from s furniture shop, ikea etc that you use for your work? I think the key thing is the table not being too wide so you have to stretch over it.

Any tips or recommendations would be great as don't want to spend a fortune,

Thanks!

Hey,
Dir salon are really good value for money
www.dirgroup.co.uk
If they have a show room near you then its really worth a visit, as me and my Dad (well, mainly my dad!) managed to get the price of my table knocked down by about 40 pounds cuz apparently the laminate finish wasnt quite perfect (not that i noticed!)
hope this helps :)
X X X

I bought one rollabout (for salon use) and one Sterilite 3 drawer unit from a department store and made my own table to suit me. I know this is in USD, but it only cost $110 total and it fits my area and suits my needs very well. And I must say the Envirotex Pour On 2-part epoxy that I used for the top is indestructable!
MyDesk.jpg

i purchased a laptop desk. My table came with 6 drawers and a cupboard :) big enough to store my items as well as show of products x

Hi I have my own home salon table in a little corner in my kitchen and I used the same worktop we had left over from kitchen makeover and a set of three drawers to store all my products in and much better made than some of those over priced tables.
Sometimes you can get cheap off cuts from DIY stores for next to nothing and ikea is great for chairs...Dont know if its something you might have considered but it works great and lots of space for a fraction of the price you would pay from suppliers and half the size.

I'm in a different country so I hope I dont lose you, lol. We have something in my state, ksl.com, which ksl is one of the local news stations, and they have a classified section where everyone, their mother and their dog posts things they'd like to sell. I typed in "nail" in a search and it brought up all sorts of unrelated things and usually not a nail table, so I had to be super diligent and check every day (and they go fast once they are posted) but I eventually found one listed for $75 USD, not sure how much that is on your side of the ocean, but it was a total steal!!! New I would have paid 150 for a crappy folding one, and this is pretty dang nice. Showed up to pick it up and there was some cosmetic damage that wasnt visible in the picture, so I got it for $50. Wow long story, I was just so thrilled, lol. Anyway I'd check classifieds all over, if you have something that sounds similar to my ksl that might be a great place to check!

Latest posts

Back