Nail tattoo??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont like. Same as Angie and Louise, I think they will look awful when growing out, and unless you have immaculate natural nails they will look awful, as you can see from those images.

Hving said that, I personally dont like the forever french look, but it doesnt mean I would stop offering the treatment. Each to their own, I do agree its probably more for tattoo enthusiasts than nail enthusiasts.

no no no its just sooooo wrong i love tattoos but not on your nails.

one word - ouch.

not my cup of tea im afraid xx

I see the challenge to tattoo artists, but my over whelming thought when I saw those nails - cheap and nasty (with cheesy american accent!!!)

How much damage would this do to the natural nail?

Becki xxx

Been thinking about this all day ....and hubby is not going to do it....

Why you ask....because when you tattoo someone...the needles have to go in deep....i think it would have to be the same with nail tattoos ....

So the nails will be weak....and sore xx

So glad I'm not the only one who has been thinking about this all day!!
One of the tattoos is placed over the lunula..now am I right in thinking that this could cause damage to the matrix? If so then after one of these tattoos the nails could end up split or deformed in some way forever?
Someone put me right if I'm wrong here..

Doesnt look like this has taken off, did you guys notice the date? June 2006.
Thank god for that.
I have normal tattoos and some of them were bad enough, I cant even imagine how they would feel. And in my opinion they look crap!! much better, cheaper and healthier to hand paint them!!
I cant believe someone said we file off layers of the nail plate too sorry cant remember who, I hope she doesnt mean literally or I would be slightly worried about the damage she is causing to her clients nails:eek:.
Jen

oh gosh what will they think of next....not for me im afraid but i do like normal tattoos, not these though

So glad I'm not the only one who has been thinking about this all day!!
One of the tattoos is placed over the lunula..now am I right in thinking that this could cause damage to the matrix? If so then after one of these tattoos the nails could end up split or deformed in some way forever?
Someone put me right if I'm wrong here..

Basically yes to all your questions hun....when you tattoo someone you have to get in there skin for the ink to stay....otherwise...the tat will fade....so if you were o tattoo someones nail...you still have to go in deep for the tattoo not to fade....causing the nail to split or crack and i still cant see how they have tattooed the nail....

When you tattoo someone...you have to shave the area....and clean it...if someone has oily nails how are you going to stop the needle maybe slipping....as the needle is very fine.????...also ...when you tattoo someone...you have to spread the skin...the tattoo design is not squashed up...how can you do that on the nail ????...its a NO NO from us...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A colleague had this done on her nail just before Christmas.. mmm... nice pressie?? She said it reeally hurt but no more than her other tatoos. Personally I just did'nt like it, it looked quite dull and as people have said the big drawback is the infection risk and the nail growing out.

YEEEEEEOOOUCH!! I just looks painful! :eek:

but different strokes for different folks...

A colleague had this done on her nail just before Christmas.. mmm... nice pressie?? She said it reeally hurt but no more than her other tatoos. Personally I just did'nt like it, it looked quite dull and as people have said the big drawback is the infection risk and the nail growing out.

why would you want to go through the pain of a tattoo if it wasnt pemanent? seems silly to me.

why would you want to go through the pain of a tattoo if it wasnt pemanent? seems silly to me.

There are those astranged people out there (like myself) that get a thrill from getting a tattoo :wink2:

do we ???....

When you put acrylics on someones nails, you file the nail plate to take the shine off, and buffing takes layers off.

When you put acrylics on someones nails, you file the nail plate to take the shine off, and buffing takes layers off.

Your right I am removing the shine....fingernails have about 100 layers. During a proper prep, about 2/3 layers are removed during the removal of shine.....if done correctly.

Buffing during a manicure should remove about the same....so yes layers are removed but very very little....no where near the amount that would be removed if you were to try and file off one of the nail tattoo's.

Your right I am removing the shine....fingernails have about 100 layers. During a proper prep, about 2/3 layers are removed during the removal of shine.....if done correctly.

Buffing during a manicure should remove about the same....so yes layers are removed but very very little....no where near the amount that would be removed if you were to try and file off one of the nail tattoo's.

I see what you mean, but I was in no way saying that I would recommend anyone attempting to remove these nail tattoos by filing them off, that would of course take off far to many layers.
What I ment was, that it doesnt hurt when you remove layers by filing, so I dont think it would hurt too much to get the tattoo, as the needle is obviously not going to reach your nail bed, or it would then become permanant.

What I ment was, that it doesnt hurt when you remove layers by filing, so I dont think it would hurt too much to get the tattoo, as the needle is obviously not going to reach your nail bed, or it would then become permanant.

I have to disagree with you here.......i have been reading this thread with great interest..........do you have tattoo's??...if so,you will see that a tattooist has to go in deep,to get the ink in....

This will mean....to get a nail tattoo...you still have to go in deep...hence,taking of layers of the nail while they are doing this.....

Someone said there friend had this and it hurt...(no more than a tattoo on the skin did :eek:)...that's telling me they went in deep to get the ink in the nail....

I will never have this done and my hubby is a tattooist.....nor is my hubby going to do this....i think its like ps2,s....x-box...its a fashion icon that will pass.

NO NO NO ... doesn't do anything for me and I love my 'normal' tattoos. Has anyone looked at the guys website, there are some gorgeous ones on toe nails!! :eek: Toe nails with lovely overlays or french, can't quite make out, then big toe nails nice n yellow looking??!! The whole idea just cries out infection, if someone is putting a needle into nail then how do they 'seal' the nail to stop other 'things' going in there too?

There are those astranged people out there (like myself) that get a thrill from getting a tattoo :wink2:

That wasnt what i was saying.. you see.. my statement was.. why would you want to go through that if it wasnt permanent?
loving and having tattoo's is a completely different kettle of fish.. the pain you go through is for a reason.. and that reason is normaly with you for the rest of your days.. whereas a tattoo on the nail just seems rather sad and a little pathetic to me.. i mean what next?
as a lover of art myself.. i see this as a poor mans subsitute.. and a great way of stuffing up your nails.

Latest posts

Back