Nail tattoo??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow,

i quite like it, i'm all for something different, on other people though, i'm not brave enough for myself.

I know, I was in shock, I would have it done but not sure if it would hurt? I have a friend who is a tattoo artist so I might see if he has heard of them.

not for me....how lovely will that look when its half grown out after shortening the nails....how many will try and file it out and thin the nails.

The nails still look, well, UN-enhanced, (thats being polite) even with the design on, which might i add i have seen far better painted on freehand.

thanks for the link though xx

not for me....how lovely will that look when its half grown out after shortening the nails....how many will try and file it out and thin the nails.

The nails still look, well, UN-enhanced, (thats being polite) even with the design on, which might i add i have seen far better painted on freehand.

thanks for the link though xx

Mmm. Good points. Think they are for tatto enthusiasts or nail / nail art enthusiasts?

I love nail art but do not like the look of that,
as angie has said it will look terrible when growing out, just like a pink & white does when thats growing out, thats why we do the rebalance,
how on earth are they going to keep these looking good over time, jmo

ooooo not sure if i fancy a needle going through my nails :eek: even if it only the very top layers as it says

The thought of it makes me cringe and I think they look nasty too:confused:

Quite frankly I think it is a cool concept. It brings on a new challenge for tattoo artists (myself being a retired tattoo artist). To be precise in such a small "canvas" area. Very interesting to see if it develops, though I do agree there is such a draw back to the growing out phase of the "tattoo". Also the examples given in that article weren't the best out there.

But again its a cool concept.

gotta say, OUCH, made me cringe just thinkin about it. I havnt looked at the link yet, but the thought honestly is makin me feel a bit weak.

buy some decals./. cheaper and wont ruin your nn or nail bed!
love tats.. love nails.. not tats that ruin nails! hehe

To be honest I'd give it a go.
I doubt it would hurt, as its not going to tattoo the nail bed, just the plate, and we file layers off that right?
And while its growing out, I'd just enamel over it until it was gone.

It'd be quite a novelty while it lasted, and its not going to effect me forever :)

not sure about that one:confused:

ouch!!! i like the idea of it but ouch!!! :eek:

I don't like it tbh (and I am a fan of tattoos) but the nails themselves look naff too short for nail art like that even if it was only a decal...

To be honest I'd give it a go.
I doubt it would hurt, as its not going to tattoo the nail bed, just the plate, and we file layers off that right?
And while its growing out, I'd just enamel over it until it was gone.

It'd be quite a novelty while it lasted, and its not going to effect me forever :)

do we ???....

think that's all it is a novelty.....hubby tattooist and i just showed him...he is under decided like me...think if you were going to do it...you would have to do it on the free edge and on acrylic....not the natural nail x

Last edited:
I already have visions of people with serious nail problems from dodgy tattoos done by dodgy tattoo artists.
Bit of a strange concept. I can imagine people having one done, then file it off, get another done, file it off etc until they've ruined their nails and they're paper thin.
Not for me I don't think.

do we ???....

I had just the same reaction as you Angie. I'm not in the habit of filing layers off of mine or anyone elses nails.

I'm just seeing the disasters and infections left behind by this kind of thing in the hands of untrained people, makes me wince just thinking about it!

Been thinking about this all day ....and hubby is not going to do it....

Why you ask....because when you tattoo someone...the needles have to go in deep....i think it would have to be the same with nail tattoos ....

So the nails will be weak....and sore xx

Latest posts

Back