Nail tech and therapist, apparently! How was your day at work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
I just thought I'd start a thread where we can share how our day at work has been even if nothing amazingly exciting has happened. I come home and talk to my husband about how my day at work has been and I'm sure he's got one ear on me and the other ear on Top Gear :lol:

Today I had a client for her regular shellac soak off & re-do, and she's got a drama going on in her life at the moment which she cant talk about to anyone close to her, so she was pouring it out to me. At the end of telling me she just sat back, her shoulders relaxed and she said "god that feels better to have talked about it, you're like a therapist, I should have my nails done more" (she comes every 2 weeks anyway, if she wants to up it to every week she can be my guest!). Maybe I should add therapy sessions to my price list :lol:

In other news I gained a new client today who was in for her hair appointment and passed through my room on her way to the bathroom and was impressed with the nails I was doing at the time so booked an appointment

So how was your day?

Haha. Yes we are some people's blog or would it be a vlog seeing as we can see them? Xoxo

Why thank you for asking...
Sounds like you had a nice day and so did I.

My 9am braz, u/arm & ebw called at 9:15 to say she had just woken up so I booked her in for before I start tomorrow as she is off on hols and desperado.
So I went to Starbucks for a skinny extra hot caramel latte for only £1.50 :)

10:30 braz came in and we had a good gossip about her uncles affair.

My 11:00 had ebt/w and we had a chat about Italy as she has a house there and is fluent and I have been learning so we had a little Italian chat.

My 11:30 had microdermabrasion, was v.happy & bought a cleanser and showed me love,t pics of her new granddaughter, we had a giggle too about how rubbish men are.

My 12:15 had 1/2 leg & bik. She was telling me about her holiday, very exciting.

My 12:45 had a normal polish manicure (shock!) and she said sorry over and over about the state of her nails, bless her silly billy. She helped me decide what to buy my god daughter.

Lunch at 1:30, ham, humus & cue sandwich yum. Then ran to mothercare and got a princess outfit and a mini mouse outfit. Got back and showed ladies in reception purchases lots of awwwww's.

2:15 new customer for a luxury manicure (polish again, heavens!) never had her nails done before and loved it. She explained to me about Chinese weddings and we talked lots about food.

3:15 gel manicure r&r, gel mini pedi r&r - this client is going to an amazing place in st lucia called the body spa where you just have spa treatments every day and told me all about new date, very exciting. She also bought a skin kit and a masque.

5:45 new cust for holly, really pleased as said it hurt less than most.

6:15eyebrow wax - we realise our pre natal holiday list is exactly the same and we talked about holidays.

6:30 Hollywood. Explained to me how mammograms are done when my ku have implants and she had been worried because her daughter had the same post op prob as me.

7:00 was supposed to be microdermabrasion but she cancelled so I returned some calls and texts, made a tea and filled out record cards and had a tidy and wrote down takings.

7:45 gel manicure and polish toes. Bought me a bag of haribo which we scoffed the lot during the appt, she's going to Mexico. We walked to the car park together at 9:00

Came home and put a wash load on and had some soup, now got a massive sugar high, can you tell?..
Xx

I think its nice that clients feel relaxed enough to tell us all :) since ive been mobile I feel like all my clients are friends I'm off to catch up with its great :)
and i must admit when i go for a massage my friend is amazing with advice shes helped me alot in all aspects of life lol.
Today has been a long one for me starting at 9 and ending at 8.30! But great results all day. Yay!
Fab news on your new client! :-D
I know what you mean I try tell my fella things that have happened that day, he waits for me to finish then says something completely off topic or sarcastically says 'wow! No way? Cant believe it' Haha bit like i do when he mentions rugby!! Xx

My 9am braz, u/arm & ebw called at 9:15 to say she had just woken up so I booked her in for before I start tomorrow as she is off on hols and desperado.

My 11:00 had ebt/w and we had a chat about Italy as she has a house there and is fluent and I have been learning so we had a little Italian chat.

My 11:30 had microdermabrasion, was v.happy & bought a cleanser and showed me love,t pics of her new granddaughter, we had a giggle too about how rubbish men are.

My 12:15 had 1/2 leg & bik. She was telling me about her holiday, very exciting.

My 12:45 had a normal polish manicure (shock!) and she said sorry over and over about the state of her nails, bless her silly billy. She helped me decide what to buy my god daughter.

Lunch at 1:30, ham, humus & cue sandwich yum. Then ran to mothercare and got a princess outfit and a mini mouse outfit. Got back and showed ladies in reception purchases lots of awwwww's.

2:15 new customer for a luxury manicure (polish again, heavens!) never had her nails done before and loved it. She explained to me about Chinese weddings and we talked lots about food.

3:15 gel manicure r&r, gel mini pedi r&r - this client is going to an amazing place in st lucia called the body spa where you just have spa treatments every day and told me all about new date, very exciting. She also bought a skin kit and a masque.

6:15eyebrow wax - we realise our pre natal holiday list is exactly the same and we talked about holidays.

6:30 Hollywood. Explained to me how mammograms are done when my ku have implants and she had been worried because her daughter had the same post op prob as me.

7:00 was supposed to be microdermabrasion but she cancelled so I returned some calls and texts, made a tea and filled out record cards and had a tidy and wrote down takings.

7:45 gel manicure and polish toes. Bought me a bag of haribo which we scoffed the lot during the appt, she's going to Mexico. We walked to the car park together at 9:00

Came home and put a wash load on and had some soup, now got a massive sugar high, can you tell?..
Xx

Haha yes I can tell, although I'd expect you would be ready to just go straight to bed and sleep by now xoxo

Xx

Hahaha love this!! Xx

I had a right old crazy day today ... Started off near missing the bin men, so running down the street in my dressing gown, getting ready for weight watchers at 10am, over ran doing a packed lunch so ran out minus makeup or hair done.
Came back home to finish getting ready, then left for my first client at 11:30, forgot my insurance cert for tax disc (car) had to turn back to get it.
Got to my clients and a lovely hour with her making her bob edgy again then off I trot to the wholesalers to grab a tint, thankfully the client had paid cash cos I'd forgotten my purse! Runs home to get purse otherwise still wouldn't have got tax, by this point I'm late for my next lovely lady....
Leave hers a few hours later after eradicating her grey :) nip the post office to be told I don't look old enough to drive (must have had sh*t in his eyes lol I'm 32!) gets to next client early somehow?
Leaves hers and realise my next app was booked in later than the corresponding text (uh?) I ring her several times and text, got through to her daughter eventually and i explain that I need to go to a college open evening and need to speak to her mum to see where I should be at what time, daughter tells me to go the college first and she will tell her mum!
Sooo I'm about 5 mins from the college when her mum texts to say she been sitting with her hair wet for 45 mins waiting for me... Good knows why she hadn't called me! Grrr ... So I leave the college and drive like a bat out of hell to get to hers, then back to the college afterwards.
Got home at 9pm... Cooked tea, done dishes, added some pics to my fb page and now I'm in bed ... Shattered!

Bet you wish you hadn't asked lol ;)

Latest posts

Back