Nail tech courses - be aware of your money!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ildikos

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
recently I had a very bad experience with X X .
Briefly the story is, I applied and paid for a complete nail tech course that supposed to held this March.
Than without clear notice, the XXB cancelled it just 11 days before the course start, due to lack of students... (now I know, why no students apply to their courses, their refund policy is very questionable...! )

When, based on THEIR cancellation, I requested a refund, which was £474, XX refused it with two ridiculous reasons:
1. I should have cancelled the course for refund 14 days before the course start
2. They sent me a link with online material.

Of course XX excuses do not stand against the fact that :
1. XX was the one, which cancelled the course 11 days before its start (so of course I fall out of the grace period...)
2. I never logged in their student portal therefore never downloaded anything from the link they sent me.

They offered to me that I can make the course online instead the 3-day practical course or I can apply again for a different date - I refused these because of two reasons: a.) the online course and the practical course are not equal at all.
b.) no guarantee they will not cancel the next course as well ,furthermore I paid for the March course and not for the April course with a reason.

After all, I sent to XX an email with official money request and they refused to pay the refund!

I made further legal steps and Trading Standards will act on my behalf and if they are not going to pay back my money, I will go till the small court, accusation and even to ombudsman if needed.

Be aware of XX when it comes about money and NEVER pay them in advance!
I read on many different forums that it is their favourit practise to cancel the courses so people or loose the fee they paid for or must go legal, or must choose differrnt date and local which again extra costs and no nothing guarantees that next course will run!

I will keep you updated in regards of the outcome.

Consumer Advice Bureau already acted and made further steps to contact the Trading Standards. I heard, they helped already many people to get back their money from XX!

If they treat their customer and finances this way, I can imagine the quality of their courses.

[edited by a moderator to remove company name as potentially defamatory post]

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you’ve only registered here today to complain about a specific company.
Due to strict libel laws, we are unable to allow you to use this forum to name and shame any person or company.

You mentioned seeking advice from CAB and also Trading Standards which is exactly what I would have advised you to do, so well done for already doing that.
I hope that you get a satisfactory outcome to this situation and that your post remains as a cautionary tale to others to make sure that they thoroughly research the training company before parting with any money.
Also, to book via Credit Card, if it’s over £100 as the credit card company will be equally liable for any default.

Thank you.
Unfortunatelly in my country it is different case and the bank do not deal with this case, no support from their side, so I have to go thru different way legally.

Good for you for standing up and taking this further. It's awful when these type of things happen. Best of luck and I hope you get it all sorted. x

Thank you very much! I will go till the end, I grab their nuts! ;-)
Fortunately many people after small claim court or trading standards got back their money already, I hope I will have it back also!

Latest posts

Back