Nail tech electric file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut butter

Reaction score
Hi. I went in to my salon yesterday. I had. Just gotten my hard nails removed about 3 weeks ago with a thin layer of hard gel leftover on some. The hard gel leftover began peeling a bit so I went in for it to be smoothed out. My nail tech was out, and the other lady was very rough. She used a drill to take off the remaining fine layer and on some of my natural nail. I immediately noticed scratches going throughout my nail and mentioned it, but she said it was nothing and began applying the base coat. Now I’m in such pain and have to cover with nail strengthener. Can you give me any other advice? Can I remove the scratches myself somehow and smooth this out...so afraid they’ll split. Here they are with 2 layers of nail strengthener.

Attachments

• 9C109616-E87E-4003-A38C-7FC2266174F8.jpeg
    9C109616-E87E-4003-A38C-7FC2266174F8.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 207
Forgive me for saying @PitaBread, but from reading several of your previous threads and particularly the nail troubles you’ve been experiencing, might I suggest that you give the discount salons a miss and perhaps find yourself a more experienced independent nail tech who can give you more care and time?

Forgive me for saying @PitaBread, but from reading several of your previous threads and particularly the nail troubles you’ve been experiencing, might I suggest that you give the discount salons a miss and perhaps find yourself a more experienced independent nail tech who can give you more care and time?
Thank you but I think I have just been having awful luck. I’ve been going to top rated spas and paying an arm and a leg... ugh. I’m at such a loss what to do

Also, in the meantime, do you have any idea what I can do?? :(

Thank you but I think I have just been having awful luck. I’ve been going to top rated spas and paying an arm and a leg... ugh. I’m at such a loss what to do

Get yourself some good quality cuticle oil, and apply it daily, massaging it into the cuticle area and over the nail bed.

If your nails are painful to the touch (possible due to over filing), please leave well alone, at least until the pain has subsided.

Get yourself some good quality cuticle oil, and apply it daily, massaging it into the cuticle area and over the nail bed.

If your nails are painful to the touch (possible due to over filing), please leave well alone, at least until the pain has subsided.

I have CND oil I use several times a day, hard as hooves moisturizer I use several times a day, and Ella and milla strengthener I apply once a day.. I keep hopping salons due to some bad luck. Dang, do you know what those fine scratches are?? Will the oil improve them or I have to wait until they grow?? When you say independent nail tech, do you mean there’s people I can just go to there house or something??

As others have said you need to leave well alone now , the scratches are permanent and buffing them out will thin your nails even more and you could even end up through to the nail bed and risk infection and more pain.
Apply the oil and keep them covered with at least 2 layers of strengthener .
Find yourself a tech that someone you know trusts and recommends, once you have a good one don’t hop , it’s not worth it .
Good techs don’t need to do offers and remember cheap nails are not nice and nice nails are not cheap. if you have to wait for an appointment with someone it’s a good sign . Good luck

As others have said you need to leave well alone now , the scratches are permanent and buffing them out will thin your nails even more and you could even end up through to the nail bed and risk infection and more pain.
Apply the oil and keep them covered with at least 2 layers of strengthener .
Find yourself a tech that someone you know trusts and recommends, once you have a good one don’t hop , it’s not worth it .
Good techs don’t need to do offers and remember cheap nails are not nice and nice nails are not cheap. if you have to wait for an appointment with someone it’s a good sign . Good luck
Thank you very much. I’ll leave them alone for now. :( I am going to let them grow for the month and find a recommendation in October to get a manicure.

I am just wondering. Could the problem be me? I put the pics up of my nails. Are they really thin? Are they really bad?? I’m wondering if maybe I have BDD lol 😂

Hi. I went in to my salon yesterday. I had. Just gotten my hard nails removed about 3 weeks ago with a thin layer of hard gel leftover on some. The hard gel leftover began peeling a bit so I went in for it to be smoothed out. My nail tech was out, and the other lady was very rough. She used a drill to take off the remaining fine layer and on some of my natural nail. I immediately noticed scratches going throughout my nail and mentioned it, but she said it was nothing and began applying the base coat. Now I’m in such pain and have to cover with nail strengthener. Can you give me any other advice? Can I remove the scratches myself somehow and smooth this out...so afraid they’ll split. Here they are with 2 layers of nail strengthener.
Could be my phone but I don't see any scratches?? She probably over filed abit it's not a huge deal, she should of been more careful though. You should never efile natural nail unless it's a cuticle bit. Even then next to no pressure!!? just moisturize and keep enhancements OFF

Could be my phone but I don't see any scratches?? She probably over filed abit it's not a huge deal, she should of been more careful though. You should never efile natural nail unless it's a cuticle bit. Even then next to no pressure!!? just moisturize and keep enhancements OFF
I have two coats of nail strengthener on which makes the scratches look invisible. Maybe I’m overreacting. I think maybe there is something wrong with me. Lol anyway it’s good that you mentioned not to put enhancements on. I was thinking of putting hard gel enhancements back on. When should it be safe to do so again? Should I wait until the whole nail grows out again

I have two coats of nail strengthener on which makes the scratches look invisible. Maybe I’m overreacting. I think maybe there is something wrong with me. Lol anyway it’s good that you mentioned not to put enhancements on. I was thinking of putting hard gel enhancements back on. When should it be safe to do so again? Should I wait until the whole nail grows out again
If your nail is thinned out from over filing putting an enhancement on will make it worse... Honestly when I first started I made the mistake of using efile on natural nail... Every time I took nails off it got worse and worse. I just took a break for a little over a month and I didn't repeat mistakes and it's been way better ever since

If your nail is thinned out from over filing putting an enhancement on will make it worse... Honestly when I first started I made the mistake of using efile on natural nail... Every time I took nails off it got worse and worse. I just took a break for a little over a month and I didn't repeat mistakes and it's been way better ever since

Yes without the nail strengthener I can see a lot of white drill lines. It stinks. I’m assuming it’ll take months to grow out. Dang!! But thanks so much everyone for your advice. I’m definitely the Mr. Magoo of nails haha 😂

New York City? A discount salon on every block, not an exaggeration. Since you are in the US, search for a salon that used a removable nail coating developed for treating mis-managed nail plates. IBX is the go-to product for me. Also, Zoya Gelie-Cure is worth investigating.

New York City? A discount salon on every block, not an exaggeration. Since you are in the US, search for a salon that used a removable nail coating developed for treating mis-managed nail plates. IBX is the go-to product for me. Also, Zoya Gelie-Cure is worth investigating.

Thank you. I live in NJ. I’ve went to some really high end places tbh. I definitely have like BDD with my nails but I know the way they are now is definitely not normal. I did hop places because the nails were bothering me. The nails under the top coat are like white and streaky almost like if you were to buff a nail before putting a uv gel layer on. Very upsetting... I can’t wait to get an overlay.

Ok I found a video of what my nail looks like because they are still tender and I don’t want to take off the topcoat. She did something like this and the nail has those white dry etchings on it. Is this normal after removal

When my nails heal I’m thinking of putting on a gel overlay to strengthen my nails very naturally like the one in the picture. Would I need to get a refill if I did this or can I let them grow out on there own? I’m looking for something low maintenance. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2AC930E8-90DD-4019-B395-75C8F3FE7651.png
    2AC930E8-90DD-4019-B395-75C8F3FE7651.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 38
Solar oil nail strengthener and look after keep away from enhancements and love your natural nails for a bit the lowest maintenance there is keep them short and give them a break but in a good way ! Think of all the money you will save !

Solar oil nail strengthener and look after keep away from enhancements and love your natural nails for a bit the lowest maintenance there is keep them short and give them a break but in a good way ! Think of all the money you will save !

I really appreciate everyone’s help in his situation. I’m putting solar oil daily. I put on a nail strengthener but I remove it with all natural nail polish remover daily to apply a new coat daily... i don’t know if that’s going to damage my nails. Also I use hard as hooves nails multiple times a day. Do the marks eventually disappear

Latest posts

Back