Nail tech in training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hello all, I'm currently training as a nail tech, I'm 9 months into my course and have to now move onto Humans (I'M VERY SCARED)
My tutor has said to start looking for a system that I will use as a qualified Tech, we currently use The Edge system at college which is OK but I find the nail gel Colour's are limited and I have learnt that clients like choice in colour's which of course I'd like to offer.
I'm so confused over all the different acrylic and gel systems I was wondering on the IBD system ? has anyone used this and your thoughts on other systems would be greatly received.
This will be my business and lively hood so I want to get it right.
Thank you in advance

Hi

I use ibd gel which I love, lovely range of colours and I find it really easy to apply. Everyone who I've done gel on have said they've lasted ages no chips. It goes on like cement on my own nails. The only problem I'm having is finding a stockist to get an ibd lamp. I'm currently using a cuccio pro led lamp but having to use long cure times to make sure it's curing properly. The brand doesn't seem to as big in the uk as other countries so sourcing some products I have found a little difficult at times. For acrylics I've used NSI which has been fine. I've also tried pronto gel which I liked and secrets led curable gel which is expensive and I have to say I prefer pronto and it's also cheaper.

I use INK London gels. Absolutely love them x

Thank you so much, I'm just so confused about it all and feel if I'm going to change my system then do it before I go pro so I can learn with it. I will have a look at the Ink London and Ibd xx

Without a doubt CJP every time. Amazing acrylic system and there are an army of CJP'ers who show exactly why its such an amazing system. Check out Theire official facebook group x

I use INK London gels. Absolutely love them x
Hi, ive just bought the trial pack of london Ink Gel polish. Ive applied it to my friends nails and my own and both have peeled off within a couple of days... i use the dyhydrater before application. Make sure every coat is fairly thin & cure in a 36w uv lamp for 2 mins each coat. Cleans off the sticky layer.
Any ideas what im doing wrong?:(

Hi, ive just bought the trial pack of london Ink Gel polish. Ive applied it to my friends nails and my own and both have peeled off within a couple of days... i use the dyhydrater before application. Make sure every coat is fairly thin & cure in a 36w uv lamp for 2 mins each coat. Cleans off the sticky layer.
Dehydrator*

I’d say the lamp. I use their own led lamp and cure for 30 seconds x

I use ibd just gel polish and opi gelcolor and love them both

Lucyjane what lamp do you use for your ibd? X

Hi c.mrsm I use my Opi LED lamp . I’d already invested in it, it’s the older style black metal one and I love it. It works fine with ibd x

That's great, was just curious as the IBD ones seems impossible to get hold of. I'm using a Cuccio pro led lamp which has been great too. I have recently found out that IBD cures under any led lamp at normal led times which is great x

Latest posts

Back