Nail tech training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitaBread

Reaction score
Ok so I meant it when I said all this nail obsessing has sparked my interest quite a lot. This is actually how I got into hair... my little perfectionism and OCD made me pursue the career. Right now, I am blessed my hub is in a good situation so I can really think about my passions. I am contemplating going back to school to be trained in nails.

I have been doing some research in NY and NJ on schools and classes. Is there anyone who can recommend the best ones? I am looking into right now Christine Valmy.

https://www.christinevalmy.com/nail-specialty-course-ny/

Sorry I can't offer any help at all with training in the US... BUT I wanted to wish you the best of luck!!! I've followed your nail journey for a while and I think your nail perfectionism is gonna help you with creating the most pretty nails 🥰

Sorry I can't offer any help at all with training in the US... BUT I wanted to wish you the best of luck!!! I've followed your nail journey for a while and I think your nail perfectionism is gonna help you with creating the most pretty nails 🥰
Thanks so much, this is my feeling. My interest is very peaked and I love learning about it. :)

Ok so I meant it when I said all this nail obsessing has sparked my interest quite a lot. This is actually how I got into hair... my little perfectionism and OCD made me pursue the career. Right now, I am blessed my hub is in a good situation so I can really think about my passions. I am contemplating going back to school to be trained in nails.

I have been doing some research in NY and NJ on schools and classes. Is there anyone who can recommend the best ones? I am looking into right now Christine Valmy.

https://www.christinevalmy.com/nail-specialty-course-ny/

No idea about USA training but consider CND as that's the tech you are about to see. If you appreciate her skills and knowledge it stands to reason you'd want to replicate her education standards

No idea about USA training but consider CND as that's the tech you are about to see. If you appreciate her skills and knowledge it stands to reason you'd want to replicate her education standards

You make a good point. I will look into this.

On the CND site this is the closest to me:

https://www.nailskinhairinstitute.edu/nail-specialty/
It is 1 hour and a half away but tbh, that isn't so bad if the education would be to a better standard. I figure I can go part-time so I can also work part-time as a stylist. I am looking around for available positions as we speak. I have an upcoming interview at a very nice place (47 mins away/436 positive 5 star reviews online.) They also do nails here so I wonder if that would make me more lucrative if I learn. I know salons where stylist has been trained in gels and done both.

Wish me luck. If this works out sounds like my kinda plan. Things looking pretty nice ahead :cool:

On the CND site this is the closest to me:

https://www.nailskinhairinstitute.edu/nail-specialty/
It is 1 hour and a half away but tbh, that isn't so bad if the education would be to a better standard. I figure I can go part-time so I can also work part-time as a stylist. I am looking around for available positions as we speak. I have an upcoming interview at a very nice place (47 mins away/436 positive 5 star reviews online.) They also do nails here so I wonder if that would make me more lucrative if I learn. I know salons where stylist has been trained in gels and done both.

Wish me luck. If this works out sounds like my kinda plan. Things looking pretty nice ahead :cool:

My basic 5 day foundation course with CND was in London, I'm in Sussex which is about an hour and a half or so away on the train. I stayed in a hotel for the 4 nights knowing a three hour train journey each day would be tiring, and that there would be homework to complete for the next day. I'm glad I spent the extra money, I started the Monday morning refreshed and ready to go unlike the others who'd had to travel into central London on a Monday morning by various means. I was back in my room and studying by 5.30, a break for some dinner and back on the books before bed. I found the week quite easy, the students that commuted in really struggled.

My costs were tax deductable as it was fully business related, to be honest I would have funded the stay anyway for the ease.

My basic 5 day foundation course with CND was in London, I'm in Sussex which is about an hour and a half or so away on the train. I stayed in a hotel for the 4 nights knowing a three hour train journey each day would be tiring, and that there would be homework to complete for the next day. I'm glad I spent the extra money, I started the Monday morning refreshed and ready to go unlike the others who'd had to travel into central London on a Monday morning by various means. I was back in my room and studying by 5.30, a break for some dinner and back on the books before bed. I found the week quite easy, the students that commuted in really struggled.

My costs were tax deductable as it was fully business related, to be honest I would have funded the stay anyway for the ease.

Something to consider. Thanks. I am going to really do my research. I plan to see how this interview goes first and then will be able to see what I can do for my schooling schedule. Shall totally update and seek out advice as I need it thanks :)

Latest posts

Back