Nail technician course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi has anyone heard of the website .N.T.C - Nail Technician Courses | Nail Courses | NTC
its says you will be a fully qualified technician and get a professional accredited diploma certificate by ABT.
however I heard ABT courses aren't actually recognised as a proper qualification? meaning I wouldn't be able to work in a salon or spa as an employee?

Hmmmm. I've never heard of them, they've never been mentioned on here before which makes me twitchy.

Looking at their 'academy locations' they actually run their courses from hotels in the area mentioned, that makes me twitchy.

Granted many independent trainers will visit an area to offer training and site themselves in a local hotel, but this is to enable many independent techs from an area to join the class however it's usually arranged on a bespoke basis, (a one stoke nail art expert or a competition prep class, etc) not for regular classes.

I would recommend calling a couple of the big name nail insurance companies and ask if they are on their accreditation list. Try Salon Gold, ABT, TowerGate, as a starting point.

Let us know what you find out

Hmmmm. I've never heard of them, they've never been mentioned on here before which makes me twitchy.

Looking at their 'academy locations' they actually run their courses from hotels in the area mentioned, that makes me twitchy.

Granted many independent trainers will visit an area to offer training and site themselves in a local hotel, but this is to enable many independent techs from an area to join the class however it's usually arranged on a bespoke basis, (a one stoke nail art expert or a competition prep class, etc) not for regular classes.

I would recommend calling a couple of the big name nail insurance companies and ask if they are on their accreditation list. Try Salon Gold, ABT, TowerGate, as a starting point.

Let us know what you find out

oh really, that’s is strange when they make out they’re the top leading choice or something (can’t remember what it actually said).
I actually paid for the course but I got in touch with them an hour ago to cancel and get a refund which they say they offer due to covid...after paying I didn’t feel tosite about it and I’d actually rather pay more when I have the money to get a proper qualificationwhere I can be employed with it

oh really, that’s is strange when they make out they’re the top leading choice or something (can’t remember what it actually said).
I actually paid for the course but I got in touch with them an hour ago to cancel and get a refund which they say they offer due to covid...after paying I didn’t feel tosite about it and I’d actually rather pay more when I have the money to get a proper qualificationwhere I can be employed with it

Always go with your gut instinct 👍 You can always do more research and rebook if you decide they are the right option.

Grab a coffee and spend some time reading through the forum, you'll see hundreds of posts about training, good and bad. Feel free to ask for specifics if you find something that interests you but bear in mind little or no training has happened in the last year due to covid. We do not generally recommend on-line training for beginners, it's a practical skill that really needs face to face practical training (there are people who say they did fine on-line but it's not usually the case). Follow up, skill building, new techniques can absolutely be done on-line but the fundamental basics really need to be in person.

Always go with your gut instinct 👍 You can always do more research and rebook if you decide they are the right option.

Grab a coffee and spend some time reading through the forum, you'll see hundreds of posts about training, good and bad. Feel free to ask for specifics if you find something that interests you but bear in mind little or no training has happened in the last year due to covid. We do not generally recommend on-line training for beginners, it's a practical skill that really needs face to face practical training (there are people who say they did fine on-line but it's not usually the case). Follow up, skill building, new techniques can absolutely be done on-line but the fundamental basics really need to be in person.

thankyou. I am level 2 and 3 beauty qualified so wanted to gain more skills with nails and do gel, acrylic, gel polish etc.
I’m not a fan of online courses as if want a proper qualification to gain insurance or work for some one else.
Do you know any companies that offer nails course where the qualification is able for you to work in salon as well as home etc.

CND via SweetSquared
CJP via CJP
Young Nails via Young Nails
Various local further education colleges

Your best bet is to decide which brand you want to use and check who they recommend for training, hopefully they'll have their own brand ambassadors/locations. Chose a brand that is Pro Only, one that will only sell to you if you upload copies of certificates, this means they take training and our business seriously.

CND via SweetSquared
CJP via CJP
Young Nails via Young Nails
Various local further education colleges

Your best bet is to decide which brand you want to use and check who they recommend for training, hopefully they'll have their own brand ambassadors/locations. Chose a brand that is Pro Only, one that will only sell to you if you upload copies of certificates, this means they take training and our business seriously.
Thankyou. I currently have ink London gel polish kit. I had to prove I had to prove I had a manicure qualification...I’ve seen they do training but think it’s just accredited which I believe it doesn’t mean it’s a proper qualification?

Hiya,

Not heard of them before. Sorry I just wrote a whole reply and did not realise this was a training academy and not an online course provider. From my experience you can get insurance from most insurance providers as long as you have studied in a training academy and not online. There are so many training academies out there these days.
It may be good for you to contact a few salons and ask if they would accept you as an employee with that qualification. If you are working for yourself then you will be fine. You can always work mobile first to build up some confidence and create a portfolio.
Some salons would expect you to have at least a minimum beauty therapy course level 2 nvq or vrq though, each salon has different requirements.

Hope that helps a little🙂

Sasha x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back