Nail Technician Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire-xo

Reaction score
Hiya!

I'm looking to do a course in gel nails, I've been looking at some 1-5 day courses with 'The Beauty Academy' in Birmingham, was just wondering if anyone else has trained with them, and if i would be able to get the insurance I need from the qualification they will give me?

Or does anyone recommend any courses?

And, once I have completed courses I need and practised on some friends! - How do I go about starting as a mobile nail tech?
I would love to do this, but don't have a clue where to start!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hiya,

Have a search on here for courses or something, you'll get loads up, there's always people talking about their preferences and which courses are good! I'm sure people will give you their opinions in this thread as well, but just as some extra info try doing a search. I'm studying at the minute, and the main thing I've learned from this forum is that although the course you choose at the start can be very important, you learn probably just as much once you start working on the public! I'd say choose your course very carefully, do as much research as you can, but you can always go on to other courses in the future, such as conversions to other products and nail art etc, so don't try and rush everything at the start!

Hope that makes sense and helps you a bit,

Nikki x

I'm just starting down this road too but at the moment I'm only looking to do natural nails. When I first started my research on here 2 companies stood out. CND creative and NSI. Im wanting to use CND products so that's why Ive chosen them. I did buy the Essential Nails acrylic kit a few years ago but as it was home based I didn't like it, needed a trainer physically with me so I wasted a few hundred pounds! The only good thing I got from them was the Nail Trainer which I still use now and would never part with it. Anyway good luck on your new career choice. X

ive going down this road as well, i have signed up for a nvq 2 nail technician course over 15 weeks i was going to do the 5 day course but felt it wouldnt be enough for me to learn everything. I have the nail training hand as well bought it of ebay but like above i couldnt learn at home as i need someone explain it to me face to face.

Katie Barnes, Warwick Tel 01926 491619 [email protected]

Excellent educator and successful salon owner. A true pro.

Thankyou for all your help :)

I had the acrylic nail course from Essential Nails too.. I think the DVD is good, but trying to do it without someone there to help is hard, and finding the time to put aside to sit down and watch the DVD..

I think im going to have a look at CND and NSI now, as they seem to be the most popular on here :)

I would always go for a course with the brand you want to use, as then you will truly know how to use that particular product rather than a generic 'this is how you do gel nails' course. Every brand is used slightly differently.

CND (Brisa Gel) and EzFlow (Gel It!) are the most popular 2 companies but I do hear lots of great things about Bio Sculpture who I think I'm right in saying now do stronger structure gels for enhancements.

HTH

Latest posts

Back