Nail Technician Kit Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salongeek12

Reaction score
Hi

I have found a nail tech course which whilst training they provide the kit but afterwards I would need to purchase a kit of my own for the practice period and also in the long term. I have copied and pasted the list below. Sorry it's rather long! What do you think of the contents?? Any good?? Would you say buy the kit I train with or buy another brand?? They advise total cost of around £300 - £400 for this. Is this reasonable?? I can see the logic behind working with what you train with but there are many brands out there. Advice needed please. Thanks! x

1 x Nail/File Antiseptic Spray 250ml
1 x Invigorating Salt Scrub 150ml
1 x Renewal Age Control Mask 150ml
1 x Hand Soak Gel Wash 250ml
1 x Hand Replenish Moisture Lotion 250ml
1 x Hand Cuticle Remover Cream 50ml
1 x Hand Cuticle Massage Cream 50ml
1 x Hand Sanitise Gel 250ml
1 x Polish Remover Formula 2 125ml
1 x Rubber Ended Hoof Stick
1 x Stainless Steel Cuticle Knife
1 x Cuticle Nipper
1 x Tip Cutters
1 x Stork Scissors
1 x Dual Tool
1 x Tweezer Straight
1 x Orangewood Sticks 20pk
1 x Acetone Resistant Manicure Bowl
1 x Economy Nail Wipes 200pk
1 x Black Beauty File 240/240gt SINGLE
3 x SINGLE White Sanding Block
3 x SPECIAL Zebra Curved File 180/180gt – SINGLE
1 x Barbicide Manicure Jar (3″ high)
1 x Barbicide 473ml
1 x Base Coat ORIGINAL 14ml
1 x Quick Dry Top Coat ORIGINAL 14ml
1 x Red Polish
1 x Strawberry CREAM Polish
1 x White Polish
1 x C Ultrawear Tips Masterpack 360pk
1 x Instant Nail Glue 14gm
1 x Fibreglass/Silk Resin 28g
1 x Extender Nozzles 10pk
1 x Resin Activator Spray 50ml
1 x Fibreglass Strip (18″)
1 x Silk Strip (18″)
1 x Acetone 250ml
1 x C Non Acid Primer 10ml
1 x CP Pronto Soak Off Pink & White Gel Kit
1 x C Flat Nylon Gel Brush
1 x UV Gel Curing Lamp 36 Watt Pink
1 x Attraction Sample Kit
1 x No. 8 Kolinsky Sable Round Brush
1 x Plastic Dappen Dish
1 x Plastic Dappen Dish
1 x Glass Dappen Dish – Economy
1 x 3 Way Satin Buffer Large SINGLE

My first observations is:

there is no liquid or powder in this kit, can I assume you are not planning to learn the system that makes up 70% of the professional nail industry?

Yes I will be training to use all systems within the professional nail industry which is why I asked for advice on whether the kit content would be sufficient enough. Perhaps you could offer some positive advice ...

This kit is fine for offering manicures, fibreglass/silk & gel overlays and extensions but I would look into a kit with L&P products (Acrylic) as this is the most popular system.

I trained in fiberglass, gel and L&P and 90% of the time I use L&P, the rest of the time I use gel and I don't even offer fiberglass as no one wants it and never been asked for silk.

Hope you find a kit with L&P products :)

hi guys, i think the attraction sampler kit could be NSI acrylic as they're acrylic system is called attraction... HTH x

hi guys, i think the attraction sampler kit could be NSI acrylic as they're acrylic system is called attraction... HTH x

This rings a bell... I think youre right :) x

Sample kits tend to be very small sizes, so if that is the L+P part of the kit it will probably only do about 5 sets of nails...... Nowhere near enough IMO.

Thanks everyone for your feed-back, always nice to receive positive comments that help with decision making x

I think if it is NSI Attraction acrylic you are using (I almost missed it on the list too :eek: ) then I would stick with that as your products for practising.
NSI have a good name and are a good mid range brand. NSI also have a website with video clips on their application and for problem solving, which could be of use to you at this stage, just make sure you buy your Attraction L&P from their authorised distributors.

Thanks izzidoll.

What do you think of the price though £xxx currently on top of the course price?? It's a hard one because obviously I would be training with this which catches you out and kinda forces you to buy the kit in full for practice but I might hate it and might prefer another brand once I am up and running. It's really hard to know and I don't want to waste my money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back