nail technician level 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 17597

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to this so please excuse any mistakes and if i sound a bit dumb.

I am studying to become a nail technician. I payed quite a bit for the course. Nearly £400.00 without products.

But i am unsure of what my qualification actually means and will i need to do further courses as soon as i complete this one.

My qualification will be : Nail Technician Level 3 diploma.

Can anyone advise please. Thanx. :D

Who/where are you carrying out this course with?
Is it a Itec/nvq/VTCT or is it a private course?

infomation like this would help geeks in answering your question.

The course is from UK-Open-Learning.

It says the qualification i will recieve is : Nail Technician - Aset Level 3 Diploma.

Thats basically all it says.

I am half way through having just completed the Anatomy and Physiology section.

Don't know if thats any help. Thanx. :confused:

I have just had quick look on their site and it does say that the qualification is nationally recognized If this is the case then you should be fine :)

I have just had quick look on their site and it does say that the qualification is nationally recognized If this is the case then you should be fine :)

Thanx Lellipop, Obviously i know i will be doing a lot of student nails and extra courses but i just wanted to make sure, Because i think i have read on here before about a course like mine and it turned out it was no good.

Thanx again, I guess theres no more excuses i will have to knuckle down and complete course. :wink2:

you could try ringing a couple of beauty/nails insurance companies to check

xx

I did vtct level 2 and 3, I think this may equate to the same. You should be fine getting insurance, I did a couple of extra conversions after my courses. Its entirely up to you whether you do conversion courses after. Its a matter of finding a product you enjoy working with both to the satisfaction to you and your client.

Best wishes with the rest of your course. xx

I have just looked at the course on open learning website, but can you tell me what products do you train with if they dont provide a kit?

First of all thanx for all your replies.

Secondly, I have been using salon system for gel and nsi for acrylic . I haven't started wraps etc yet. What products would be best. My tutor uses nsi. :)

Hi there, I studied for level 3 diploma in beauty therapy for applying artifcial nail structures (it's a city and guilds certificate) .... you do written and the practical assignment, a portfolio of work too. Its very thorough. Mine (guessing your's is same) was over 16 weeks. All three systems including rebalancing. I had already done the manicure C&G just before but that covered skin structure and anatomy too. We used NSI and salon systems too. I think this is because they are very economical and very easy to purchase as a student. After I completed my course I went on to 2 conversion so I could use their products too. It is a recognisable certificate - It is a City and Guilds.

Good luck with it too x

Latest posts

Back