Nail technician online course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lydiaann

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been looking around alot at doing the nail technician course. I'm in full time employment 12 hour shifts so it's next to near impossible for me to attend a college to do the course. Just wondering has anyone completed the course online and would they recommend it or does anyone know if I could do a night time course maybe? Any help would be appreciated thanks ☺️

I think you should actual course in college , you can do mentoring session online , unless you have some background

You definitely need in person training. Good luck!

There are places you can short intense courses including evening courses (like BC Beauty Academy) which can be a good introduction to test the water

Thanks very much

Go for next step beauty is amazing! And you get ebooks, learn at your own time too :)

Go for next step beauty is amazing! And you get ebooks, learn at your own time too :)
I have seen some really really bad reviews on Next Step Beauty.

In what way? If you don’t mind me asking :)

In what way? If you don’t mind me asking :)

If uou put 'next step beauty' in the search facility on here you'll find other posts about them, you'll have to wade through other irrelevant stuff but there are posts about them

"Don't use Next Step Beauty” They are an absolute scam. Do your research and you will find so many bad reviews. They book you on courses and always cancel. I booked 2 courses in April 2019 and they cancelled every month and rebooked me for the next month to date I still have not done the courses. They say they cancel due to lack of numbers. I have done other courses with other companies were there is only 1 other person. When you book they tell you that you have to read the material beforehand and there's the catch. Once you open the material you cannot get a refund. They have scammed so many people and have been taken to court. They changed their business name and are trading under Next Step Beauty. I am pursuing them for a refund due to covid-19 but they keep saying the refund team are furlough. But they have a team that accepts payments but can't return your money.

Hi everyone. I've been looking around alot at doing the nail technician course. I'm in full time employment 12 hour shifts so it's next to near impossible for me to attend a college to do the course. Just wondering has anyone completed the course online and would they recommend it or does anyone know if I could do a night time course maybe? Any help would be appreciated thanks ☺
Depending on where you are located, I am in Canada and Mirage spa education is great. I'm currently enrolled in the "Fully qualified nail technician course". It’s a good course.

I’m doing it online too and also the full nail technician course and find it brilliant so think it’s all depends on your own personal views! :) good and bad with every company.

Hi! People will always have different opinions on companies, but without getting into that, I think the bigger issue is I really don't know how you can learn how to become a nail tech online?

You need to be able to see up close, to feel, to smell even! Someone has to be able to see your technique up close, as you are doing it, to ensure you are learning correctly.

With the best will in the world, this is not something that can be taught or learned online.

Wait until you are able to do a course, in person. I truely believe you will waste your money doing an online course, as I don't think you will feel or be qualified to confidently and safely undertake nail treatments afterwards.

Apologies if this is not what you wanted to hear.

I’m doing great as i am, fully insured and learning!!! That’s what’s it’s all about :)

Hi! People will always have different opinions on companies, but without getting into that, I think the bigger issue is I really don't know how you can learn how to become a nail tech online?

You need to be able to see up close, to feel, to smell even! Someone has to be able to see your technique up close, as you are doing it, to ensure you are learning correctly.

With the best will in the world, this is not something that can be taught or learned online.

Wait until you are able to do a course, in person. I truely believe you will waste your money doing an online course, as I don't think you will feel or be qualified to confidently and safely undertake nail treatments afterwards.

Apologies if this is not what you wanted to hear.
I see what your saying. I think the ones where you send photos in, aren't as good but I send the tips in they can see what I've done.. They also break them apart to see I did everything properly. I honestly feel I would learn more in a smaller amount of time doing a in person course.

I’m doing great as i am, fully insured and learning!!! That’s what’s it’s all about :)
With all due respect, being fully insured doesn't mean you're doing a good job. (And please don't think I'm saying you're not doing a good job....I'm only trying to advise people who are thinking of the best way to learn this craft)

I see what your saying. I think the ones where you send photos in, aren't as good but I send the tips in they can see what I've done.. They also break them apart to see I did everything properly. I honestly feel I would learn more in a smaller amount of time doing a in person course.
If you are sending your tips in, that's a start, but there's a huge difference between working on a training hand and an actual person. Training hands don't move while you're working, real hands have different shaped nails and different sizes of nails. Sometimes they have problems or issues with their nails, you can advise on.

All this is learned with hands on experience and with someone watching you as you work, checking your prep, application, times, etc. I don't feel this kind of thing can be done online.

If you are sending your tips in, that's a start, but there's a huge difference between working on a training hand and an actual person. Training hands don't move while you're working, real hands have different shaped nails and different sizes of nails. Sometimes they have problems or issues with their nails, you can advise on.

All this is learned with hands on experience and with someone watching you as you work, checking your prep, application, times, etc. I don't feel this kind of thing can be done online.
I agree... The pratice hand actually has every nail different to show that everyone's nails are different.. Ones broken, ones short and small, ones short and wide, long and wide and other is nail biter.. Also what stops someone going to school online from doing their friends and families nails? I've been going to school since end of June and have done probably 25 sets for school, and done a real person 8 times... I'm already better then half the girls in this small town who went to school and have no idea what they're doing.

Also maybe your just not the type of person who can self teach them selves?? I'm not sure but I could see how some people wouldn't be able to do it.

My god it’s not open heart surgery people need to calm down!! Everyone has different ways of learning... can’t do everything perfect that’s how you LEARN.... good ways and bad everyone on here started from scratch!

Latest posts

Back