Nail technician online course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all due respect, being fully insured doesn't mean you're doing a good job. (And please don't think I'm saying you're not doing a good job....I'm only trying to advise people who are thinking of the best way to learn this craft)
What about the people who don't have a course in their town? There's not a thing in the small town I live in. It's not something you need 4 years of school for its doing nails. Nobody learns without pratice and 4 you can do that with or without hands on teaching

My god it’s not open heart surgery people need to calm down!! Everyone has different ways of learning... can’t do everything perfect that’s how you LEARN.... good ways and bad everyone on here started from scratch!
Right?!?

What about the people who don't have a course in their town? There's not a thing in the small town I live in. It's not something you need 4 years of school for its doing nails. Nobody learns without pratice and 4 you can do that with or without hands on teaching

Here, here!!!!!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 as well you learn on people still don’t mean your not going to make mistakes either...

I’d love to see if you still support online learning after you’ve been ‘qualified’ and working six months from now...

I’d love to see if you still support online learning after you’ve been ‘qualified’ and working six months from now...

That’s how iv learnt so much already so i will support people that do online learning with anything. Thank you

I have 30+ years experience of nails and was simply trying to give advice, as requested. In my experience, I think a hands on course is the way to go. It's completely up to you if you want to take that advice. I wouldn't like to think anyone feels on online course has wasted their hard earned money, because I didn't speak up. I thought the point if asking questions of professionals, was to weigh up the advice offered? If you don't want to hear it, then I have better things to do. I already have my qualifications, like many others on here trying to help, so it's up to the guys who are asking these questions whether you want to listen to trained, qualified, and experienced professionals, or those who are currently training.

I agree... The pratice hand actually has every nail different to show that everyone's nails are different.. Ones broken, ones short and small, ones short and wide, long and wide and other is nail biter.. Also what stops someone going to school online from doing their friends and families nails? I've been going to school since end of June and have done probably 25 sets for school, and done a real person 8 times... I'm already better then half the girls in this small town who went to school and have no idea what they're doing.
My point was that once you have practiced on your hand, you are used to that hand, however when dealing with plastic hands, you do not experience what to do if someone has a lot od natural oil and how you deal with that whether you are doing shellac, gel, or enhancements. If doing enhancements, how can the 'teacher' check your prep and how you've attached the enhancement to the natural nail? What positioning you've used? How far down to you file to do a re-balance, without putting pressure on the nail, or damaging the natural nail? If you're doing gels, how can they check how far you've filed the natural nail? This is only a few of the points I can see problems teaching online.

In answer to practicing on friends....that's a great idea, but I would say only when you are absolutely sure, with hand on heart, you will not cause them pain or damage. Otherwise you are liable to give them short or even ling term damage to their nails.

My point was that once you have practiced on your hand, you are used to that hand, however when dealing with plastic hands, you do not experience what to do if someone has a lot od natural oil and how you deal with that whether you are doing shellac, gel, or enhancements. If doing enhancements, how can the 'teacher' check your prep and how you've attached the enhancement to the natural nail? What positioning you've used? How far down to you file to do a re-balance, without putting pressure on the nail, or damaging the natural nail? If you're doing gels, how can they check how far you've filed the natural nail? This is only a few of the points I can see problems teaching online.

In answer to practicing on friends....that's a great idea, but I would say only when you are absolutely sure, with hand on heart, you will not cause them pain or damage. Otherwise you are liable to give them short or even ling term damage to their nails.
You are right, I'm not going to say I haven't had concerns or worry with the way I'm receiving my information and education, but I have a huge passion for nails and without the online course I would never be able to pursue what I love. Most of my practice has been doing enhancements on myself. I paid alot of money for my education, it is a registered school in my province. They started as a physical school and saw the demand for online school and switched over.... I'm the type who asks ALOT of questions and am constantly emailing my teacher with questions, pictures and videos of my assignments.... What you said here was much better advice then completely knocking down online education. (IMO)

Latest posts

Back