Nail technician online course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been practicing nails at home for about 4 years now… I Want to get my license online as well. I came here to find school an online school not see people bash others as if there aren’t other ways to learn how to do nails at home and then just get certified

Hi, I wouldn't recommend online courses. Is there a certain reason why you must learn online? Good training can be found all over the place so you shouldn't have to travel too far.

Certain things cannot be taught properly online. There's no one there to correct your mistakes. Surely you would want to do everything properly if you're planning on working on clients? It's the best way to correct any bad habits you've picked up from home learning.

A lot of online courses are not covered by insurance companies, not sure if this is a huge deal in America though.

Where have you seen "bashing"? We only try to help and wouldn't ever make a personal attack on somebody. But if someone says something incorrect or potential dangerous, we will try and educate.

I’ve been practicing nails at home for about 4 years now… I Want to get my license online as well.

I’m not very familiar with US licensing laws but I think your first stop should be contacting staff at your State Board who will be able to advise you how to get licensed. There’s probably little point signing up to an online course at this stage, if it’s not recognised by your State Board. My understanding from US colleagues is that every State Board sets its own rules.

Personally, I wouldn’t recommend online training as ideally, you need someone experienced to watch exactly what you’re doing and be able to guide you to perfect your technique.

You will need in person training and pass the accredited schools exit exams. Then you will need to take a written exam and a practical exam where you will demonstrate proficiency in several areas of manicuring.

its nice that you are interested enough to try to learn at home and for several years, too. Having a license to practice will protect you in Several ways and give you other perks such as discounts from suppliers.

There are grants for tuitions available. Contact a local school. Since you’re so keen, you may want to become licensed then get extra schooling to become an educator.

Latest posts

Back