SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bampoisongirl

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am just looking for a bit of advice. I am currently doing my level 3 vtct nail technician training and finish in November. At the moment I am also full time employed, and am looking for advice as to what the next steps are best when I am qualified.

I’ve been reading around and a lot of places locally won’t hire nail techs without a few years experience. There are a few options of hiring a chair, but I am wary about this as I am also looking to gain knowledge and experience of working in a salon after becoming newly qualified. I am currently attempting to build some clientele around my full time job, and I have considered working mobile and from home, however I live in a 1 bed flat where there isn’t really a suitable area for working from home and I don’t drive (however will be taking my driving test shortly so fingers crossed).

Also I was looking to do the next level nail services course in January, however work have advised me that I will be going on a 9 week training course in January which is going to clash with this course.

I was just looking for some advice and other peoples experiences as to what they did from becoming fully trained to setting up a successful nail tech business. I have been self employed before running my own shop so I do have experience but I’m a very different sector.

Thanks in advance,

Jenn

Hi Jenn,
Could I ask how you’ve found the VTCT training and where you have done it?
I’m looking at training as a nail tech and just trying to find what is the best route to take.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back