Nail technicians and tattoos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

british.jem

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was just wondering how people feel about nail technicians and tattoos? Doesnt have to just be nail technicians, im talking about people who work in beauty... do you have any visable tattoos.. ?
I have a tattoo on the inside of my wrist which i obviously noticable when im doing a set of nails. It really doesnt bother me but im wondering if it would bother clients :rolleyes:
What does everyone else think about this?

As long as it is tasteful, which I'm sure it is, it doesn't bother me. I want one one my foot. Times are changing and some things frowned upon in the past are becoming more acceptable.

I'm a hairdresser and got my first tattoo on my tummy (so it wasn't visible) at the time I work in a salon that had alot of old ladies come in. Some of them were horrified that I had done that to my body. Others were askin to see it. So it jus depends on the clients. Xx

Iv got tattoos that are visible one down my wrist that goes onto my hand, another on the inside of my arm, behind my ear and on the back of my neck, the other nine are usually out of sight, iv never had anyone complain about them but I do get nice comments :) I think it's a personal choice and depends on if you work for yourself or are employed, I doubt I'd ever get a job in a spa but that's my choice. My books are full with loyal clients so I must be doing something right :) xx

i have a tattoo on my finger, which i keep covered at work (i use lots of plasters lol), I think it looks more professional to keep visible tattoos covered! but was trained by clarins so may be brainwashed! on the other hand there are that many people with tattoo that i dont even think i would notice if someone had one!! x

I have tatts on the inside of both wrists (Japanese symbols), on the inside of my ear (Pink Breast Cancer Ribbon) and on my foot (My Son's Name in Script). It doesn't seem to bother anyone. I think because they are not offensive and are all tastefully done is the key.

Thanks for the input ladies. I have my sons name on the inside of my wrist. Its about a year old so starting to loose it bright black appeal (you know how the ink is veryvery black in the beginning then starts to fade..) Anyways i was asking because i saw a picture of myself doing a set of nails on my mum and i noticed that my tattoo was the first thing my eyes darted too.. (might just be a me thing though haha) i love my tattoo and would only cover it up if i really HAD to. With a watch or large bracelet or something. Was just interested in other peoples opinions.. I assumed the majority of clients would notice it and either not say anything or bring up polite conversation about it. :)

I have a Japanese symbol meaning Heart/Soul on my left shoulder. Its red with a black outline.
My upper arms are normally covered so not normally visible but to be honest I don't think it would be a problem for my clients anyway.

I have a tattoo on the inside of my wrist (about 3 inches) and ive never had any remarks or bad looks lol. I wouldnt care if they did tbh, its my body and its done now.
I mean hairdressers have brightly coloured hair (pink/purple etc) alot and i like it. Its imaginative and can look very good.

Hi all,
I was just wondering how people feel about nail technicians and tattoos? Doesnt have to just be nail technicians, im talking about people who work in beauty... do you have any visable tattoos.. ?
I have a tattoo on the inside of my wrist which i obviously noticable when im doing a set of nails. It really doesnt bother me but im wondering if it would bother clients :rolleyes:
What does everyone else think about this?

I have a full black and grey sleeve which is obviously very visible and a number of other visible tattoos and I'm a beauty therapist working in a busy fish spa shop in our town centre just because i have tattoos doesn't mean i/we aren't good therapists my reaction from people are fine in fact it a good conversation started as there is a meaning behind my tattoo and people are curious

I have 4 tattoos. My name in Hebrew going down the back of my neck, 3 stars going down my tummy, a tribal design on the bottom of my back, and a daisy chain along my foot.

The only ones that sometimes can be seen is the one on my neck depending on what way my hair is, and the one on my foot if I'm wearing flip flops. My clients comment on how pretty and intricate they are. No complaints... So far lol xx

I have the word "believe" on my wrist iv had it a few year. It does actually have a really unique style... I always get asked why believe... So i tell them why... Its Inspiring and motivating to me when ever i feel like Im failing i will look at it and it gives me a boost.... Clients love that little story lol

I have my name in Chinese on my back but no clients see that lol

I'm so glad everyone shares the same view as me :) I would understand if it looked or said something offensive if the clients weren't happy. Hopefully I won't ever get any complaints :)

i have got alot of visible tattoos including my hand. noone ever says anything apart from nice things even my old ladies x

I have bright pink shooting stars on my wrist, a little flower with a butterfly on my right ankle, a dragon on my back and a design with butterflies and what translates as, 'Family, my love,' in Irish on the inside of my left ankle. I had the last one done while I've been out of the industry and was actually wondering the other day if it would harm my employment chances... lucky I'm planning to be my own boss lol! xo

Ive got a heart locket and bow on the side of my wrist/arm. Its about 3/4 inches long. I like it, people do sometimes comment. I have a client who is nearly 70 and she just had ber first tattoo, a butterfly on her foot, and she wants more! Most of my clients have them, some are coverd in them. I think in this day and age, so many people have them, infact I only know a couple of people who dont have them in my friendship group, maby it depends on your client base. I think it is the norm now to have a couple tattoos, I would not even worry about it. My friend is a dental nurse in a private practice and her boss does not mind her having one on her wrist and kneck. As long it is not something offensive like a naked body or any rude words or sayings, I think it is fine. x

Heyguys hope I don't offend but I rather hate tattoos and find them unprofessional in a professional work area

Heyguys hope I don't offend but I rather hate tattoos and find them unprofessional in a professional work area

You haven't offended me :)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion xx

I have 3 tattoos and four piercings all in very discreet or naughty places!!
I feel u should be judge on how U as a person are and not what u have pierced or tattooed.

I wouldn't bother me if a therapist/hairdresser/nail tech had tats or piercings.

As long as u are professional, courteous very respectful of others, what's the problem?

People are too quick to judge and make misdirected assumptions of people before they even get to know them.

I find the people who are tattoed and pierced are far more easy going than the straight laced holier than thou ones!!

I.e me!!
Lol
Lol

Havent offended me either :)

Latest posts

Back