Nail technicians and tattoos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heyguys hope I don't offend but I rather hate tattoos and find them unprofessional in a professional work area

that is not offensive at all.

The only difference between tattoed people and non tattooed people is tattoed people dont give a flying fig if your tattoed or not. :)

that is not offensive at all.

The only difference between tattoed people and non tattooed people is tattoed people dont give a flying fig if your tattoed or not. :)

Hehe very true!! xo

I just think at the end of the day you have to live your life how you want to if you want a tatoo get 1 obveously one in the middle of your forehead would be stupid but you only get one life! And its stupid judging someone if they have one on show. The amount of clients i have who have a massage and im shocked when they have a tatoo! :)

So glad i found this!

I had looked up tattoo removal for the 2 on my wrist as I was really worried about getting employed in beauty!

Wont bother now :)

I think as long as you are good at what you do clients won't be that bothered. They're more bothered about you doing their eyebrows or nails perfect rather than a tattoo you have :) x

I think they're a conversation starter :) I love tattoo's! x

Apart from one member of staff, we all (4) have quite large and visible tattoos. It has never caused a problem, we are a really busy salon catering for the very young to the very old!
They don't seem to interfere with our haircutting skills, so I don't see them as a problem. Our professionalism is always being remarked about. :)

ive got big tattoos - not visible. i show my clients occasionally, and they are amazed i would have a tattoo. but it goes to show - so what if you have a tattoo? its like colouring your hair red or wearing long nail extensions, having your ears peirced - YOUR PERSONAL CHOICE and your way of expressing yourself. i think as long as you arent trying to tattoo your clients during a massage then they shouldnt care!

Heyguys hope I don't offend but I rather hate tattoos and find them unprofessional in a professional work area

I'm not offended at all. The OP asked for opinions and that's just what you gave...your opinion.

Thanks for contributing. :)

I have three blue stars down the nape of my neck (one each for my three boys) then my lil princess came along so had this on my wrist, nobody has ever said anything and it is always on show as I never wear anything long sleeved lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307991080.625337.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1307991080.625337.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2,187
I have three blue stars down the nape of my neck (one each for my three boys) then my lil princess came along so had this on my wrist, nobody has ever said anything and it is always on show as I never wear anything long sleeved lol

This is really pretty!

I don't think it matters I think it's a part of fashion but I have a half sleeve full of flowers,hearts on my wrist,flowers on my booby!!butterfly on my hip,stars on my back and a memorial to my mum on my ribs owwww.

I've 7 tattoos which can be covered if I want to but there part of me so tend not to. Most are generally covered with my clothing but I wouldn't hide them for work purposes an to be honest I would say all my clients have at least one bar my mum and one sister don't

I'm a hairdresser and have 6 tattoos, only 2 of which are visible at work, depending on what I'm wearing. I find that my clients either outright love them, or are curious about them. If anything, they find my stretched ears more shocking! I do try and keep my appearance toned down at work, I'm very fortunate that my boss is relaxed, and that the majority of clients are like "oh well thats just what you're like"
I think there is a limit though!

I'm not offended at all. The OP asked for opinions and that's just what you gave...your opinion.

Thanks for contributing. :)

Thank you...you know the funniest thing is that my sister is a very popular tattoo artist and I tease her all the time about how much I hate them.but it's a personal choice. Not everyone can be the same else life would be way too boring:p

I don't like visible ones, I think they look unprofessional, hope I didn't offend anyone x

I am smothered in tattoos my whole leg,my whole back,my chest,my hands,my foot and my lady bits.

There nice tattoos professionally done.I think its personal choice and if someone didn't want me to do there nails because of it then they can keep on walking lol.

As long as you are good at your job it shouldn't matter.xx

I have one on each wrist, both of my children's names in Chinese, my daughters name has pink shading & my sons has blue shading

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342108346.898637.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342108346.898637.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 633
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342108371.945068.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342108371.945068.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 681
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342108337.180543.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342108413.492446.jpgjust a couple of mine to show you lol x

I'm just starting out in beauty and at the moment work in a financial advisors, I have a tattoo on my foot my boss told me I had too cover it up, so I asked him if I had a skin problem/disease etc would he ask me to cover that up? Of corse he answered no! I said its a part of me and why should I have to cover up something that makes me who I am?
Obviously I now Don't cover my tattoo at work!

Latest posts

Back