Nail Techs are you full or part-time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Was just sat here wondering - How many of you out there are full time nail techs and how many are part time (as in have a main job during the day)?

I'm full time mobile. Have been for 1 year as of the 22nd Nov.
I've had a conservatory built and have installed a nail station & beauty therapy couch in there as I also do waxing & eyelash perming & tinting too.

Although this is my only job, i don't work a full week, as i have a family. I usually try to get monday's off, & i never work weekends unless it's desperate!

What do you guys do?

Iv,e been in business 12 months now and do this full time. I don't work 40 hours this is down to choice rather than anything else because i have a family. So it works really well for me.

Training but I would like to do it full time when I have my qualifications :biggrin:

I work in a tanning and nail studio in my town,thursday,friday,sat,still training, but hopefullyas i get my timeing downi will do more hours after christmas, at the moment the hours suit due to my family, mondays and wed evenings do private clients ,mainly family and friends

Im still training at the moment too. I am hoping to do it part time first around my office job, then hopefully if I manage to get some clients to work full time as its what I really want to do. :Love:

I am part time - work in the day for a housing association four days a week and do nails in the evening and Saturdays if needed. very tiring but want to build my clinet base up so I can do less hours or no hours at my day job and do nails more!

I'm full time mobile, although I don't work a full-time week yet. I really want to do full time days and only a couple of evenings, but that seems a way off at the mo. I'm thinking of adding an 'unsociable hours' premium to my evening clients (maybe £3) to try and encourage people onto days....

Just part time eves and weekends although it is getting to the stage where it is full time!
I also have a full time job but may be getting made redundant as of Monday......:Scared:

I have a full time job as an Administrator. I want to work mobile as a Nail Tech evening's and weekends (that's the plan anyway, once I pluck up the courage to get it started!!)

xx

I'm part time mobile, I prefer to refer to it as 'by appointment' :D
it seems to be more of a social occasion over here, this afternoons appointment ended up with my client offering me a glass of wine and we had a good old chat to end the appt :D

Nice one Sandi! Hope you weren't driving tho! I have client that always gives me a sloe gin when i'm there, only the one mind!!:lol:

Hey Vixcy - your redundancy could be just what you need to put you into the driving seat and take the bull by the horns etc.
That's how i came to be doing this full time as my only job.
Think positive!!

hehe mine was only the one, thank goodness I can say 'no', she offered me another :eek:
I was driving but luckily I had some lunch today which I don't normally do.
must have been a premonition lol

Monday teaching, 9.30 till 1pm
Tuesday in the salon 9am til 6pm
Wedsnesday in the salon 9am till 3pm, then teaching 5.30pm till 9.30pm
Thursday in the salon 9am till 6pm
Friday in the salon 9am til 6pm
Saturday in the salon 9am till 3pm.

So i guess im full time!! lol!

Blimeey, that's 46.5 hrs on my calculator. I'd expect to be that busy next month, but too lazy for normal weeks, have kids & hubby & housework & cooking!! I complain when ive got 4 appointments in for one day!

I'd have to have a cleaner and someone to do the ironing if i did those kind of hours!!

Ive got 2 kids, a puppy, and a hubby too! At the moment ive got my parents living with me, so they help me out. I need to have a cleaner, i just physically cannot do everything! I find if i try to be as organised as possible, and do things like making the dinner for the following day, and packed luches etc, then i manage - just! Ive just interviewed a nail tech, so she is goin to start after xmas, as its just manic!!

I'd have to have a cleaner and someone to do the ironing if i did those kind of hours!![/QUOTE]

I dont DO ironing though, only as we need it! LOL!!

Yeah i am full time......get sundays off!!!!!!

Monday to weds 9.30am to 6pm
Thurs 9.30 to 8pm
Fri 9.30 to 5pm
Sat sometimes 8am but usually 9am to 4pm

I sometimes teach on a sunday and i also fit some teaching in during the week, so my hours are not really exact all the time

I have a young daughter and two step daughters (which i have every weekend) and my lil 11 year old sis stays every weekend with us too........also untill recently i looked after my gran (she passed away last month)

I dont have a cleaner or childcare....me and herman do it all ourselves

I dream about nails alot too......does anyone else or am i just a saddo.....when i say i dream i mean every night i have a nail related dream...........

Amanda

i work full time in an office however they ar letting me go on job share had some great news today that the lady that is doing the other half of my job is starting tomorrow. yipeeee. so i will be working:

monday in the office
tuesday in the office
wednesday in the office
having the afternoon off
then working thursday, friday and saturday in the shop doing nails. yay i cant wait

spent a lot of time training and builing up a clent base a nd am now so chuffed to have a smaal regular client base and will be in the shop just before xmas.

Depends on what you want from this job and what your circumstances are.

If part time is all you can do for now, make the most of it. When the time is right, bump it up!

I think since I started this I've been pretty much full time (but at the start had a great business partner who shared after school time with me)

You get out what you put in. No one is going to make a great success or 'get rich quick' by playing at it. But if you just want some extra cash, then thats fine. If you have a 'game plan' and a big future in mind, it takes time and effort. But the part time (due to circumstances) is the learning and planning time.

Latest posts

Back