Nail techs getting your nails done

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry - pic didn't upload.

I don't think that pic even picks up how wonky and smudgy and uneven the finish is.

O.M.G.

Those are among the worst I've ever seen (and I've seen bad).

Seriously, they can't be real? They look like something you would Google as a joke, send em someone, "look how good I'm getting"! 😛 lol

I wish it was a joke, I really do! She left me business cards to put up on the advertising board in my salon ... I nearly choked!

Getting them taken off tonight and getting my mum to just do me a shellac on my short nails instead (she's qualified but doesn't work in the industry anymore) - wish i'd done that in the first place instead of paying and letting the woman leave!

Felt like I couldn't really complain what with her being in my house though and therefore knowing where I live etc.

I can see them lifting around the edges already because they were too big for my fingers >.< Wish I could name and shame I really do!

No need to name and shame and I'm sure if she's sees the picture, she'll know they're hers. Perhaps you could call her up and tell her why you're not happy. Maybe the feedback would help her. I guess that's what we'd all like.

I always do my own, I like to advertise my own work and my clients are quite impressed that I've done them myself. It's always a good talking point and can introduce what you offer. Only thing is, I wish that I had nicer hands! ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always do my own nails, I would be too nervous to let anyone else as I'm aware of the low standard of work in my area.
All my clients ask me if I do my own nails and it would look bad of me to have to say no! They are always super impressed I managed to sculpt acrylics with nail art with my left hand and frankly most days so am I lol!
Xx

I do my own nails too, I'd be a terrible nail client, because I'd be constantly checking what the tech was doing lol. Looking at Girlygeeks shocking results has just reaffirmed why I will continue to do my own. It's a shame you had such a bad experience, I've never seen such poorly fitted tips&#128533;. How could the person applying them think that they were a satisfactory set of nails? She had a cheek expecting you to pay for them, let alone advertise her too&#128563;

Update is I have already lost a nail about an hour ago. :(

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I usually do my own but treated myself for my holidays. Rockstar toes and Brisa smoothing and shellac fingers I love them &#128515;. It was a big thing for me to let someone else do my fingers but I know and trust this therapist that she uses all the proper stuff, and there lovely!! I have never mastered a French on my wrong hand so depending on how well they have grown in a week I may treat myself to that! Going back a week on Saturday to have them done again as another treat then back to doing them myself! I would never ever say I did them though I would say exactly who did mines :) xx

I don't think that pic even picks up how wonky and smudgy and uneven the finish is.

Are they meant to have half moons at the bottom? They are baaad! I have seen some terrible sets of nails recently it makes me feel sick &#128514; xx

Beggers belief that she thought they were ok!! Surely she's seen what a halfway decent set of nails should look like?

Oh my god. They are awful. If they are lifting already & you've lost one I'd complain.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always do my own, I had a few bad experiences before I qualified and because of this I will never let anyone do them again - takes a bit longer but definitely worth it!

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do my own too . Couldn't cope with the stress of watching someone else do them. Saying that doing my own is painfully boring !
I do another nail techs nails. She isn't trading but has done it in the past. She inspects every nail one at a time, it takes me ages to so her infills !

Wtf??? That's madness. My husband could've done a better job!

I've removed the picture that everyone is commenting on.

It's very unprofessional to critique another person's work unless you are offering the poster some helpful advice and it's against Forum Rules!

Save it for Facebook.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back