Nail techs in Canada - info needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieMc

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the regulations are in Canada for nail techs? Is it similar to USA where they have to be licenced or does it lean more towards the UK? Myself and my other half are seriously considering moving out there in a few years time so I'd like to know if I'll have to re-do the whole training thing.

Thanks in advance
Jackie
www.LibertyNailDesign.com
Dublin

Hi Jackie
No, there is no licensing in Canada, more like here than USA.
Check with Anna - she can give you more details.
Best wishes
Karen
NPB

It depends on the province...I think Manitoba has licensing an also BC...
Ontario doesn't...free for all :confused:

But to buy from professional distributors you have to show proof of training (certificate or diploma)

I'm sure somebody told me (Cheryl, maybe Anna) that BC had been deregulated but maybe I dreamt it LOL - I do dream nail stuff :o :o
Karen

Hi Anna...... I've sent a message to you on the Nailtech site too! We're looking at Nova Scotia - we wanted somewhere on the East Coast and I quite like the look of NS. I'll be glad if I don't have to undergo all that training again...... getting to old to go to class! Thanks for your help.

Jackie
www.LibertyNailDesign.com
Dublin

Thanks girls, for your replies - we're now looking at Prince Edward Island as well as Nova Scotia, we're spoilt for choice! Going out next year to check out the exact areas and see where we prefer.

How is the 'Nails' business in Canada, can anyone tell me? What sort of prices do Salons charge? Any info (not just on the regulations thing - anything nails/canada related) welcomed. If you want to keep it off the board then please email me at [email protected].

Thanks
Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back