Nail tip application routine? advice.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ღMandyღ;637033 said:
Also i would like to mention my nails that i had done on the weekend.
I spoke with a tutor about them and she said that they were done very poorly and that i should speak with her about them.
At least i have seen first hand what results slack workmanship can give.
:hug:

If you was a paying client of hers and unhappy with the nails then the right thing to do is go back and explain what your not happy with and give her the opportunity to put them right.

ღMandyღ;637033 said:
At least i have seen first hand what results slack workmanship can give.
Anyway thank you for the advice you gave me and it has helped when problems have popped up.
Any more?
:hug:

maybe you could look at it this way.. EVERY tech qualified or not has to start somewhere.. Even when you qualify you still have to practise and learn and one of the best ways to do that is feedback.. I think you should have gone straight to her and pointed out what you thought.. not her old tutor .. but thats my personal opinion.. no offense to you.. but oneday you will be out there on the job, with no one to hold your hand.. and its tough mate! I havn't been doing this too long.. and until i started getting comments on my work i didnt see what others did.. but with helpfull advice and timely comments i have started to iron out the kinks..
Might have been her first wedding and i know mine was terrifying for me.. i had visions of the brides nails popping off!! Be nice to fellow techs cause Karma is a butt kicker!:hug:

maybe you could look at it this way.. EVERY tech qualified or not has to start somewhere.. Even when you qualify you still have to practise and learn and one of the best ways to do that is feedback.. I think you should have gone straight to her and pointed out what you thought.. not her old tutor .. but thats my personal opinion.. no offense to you.. but oneday you will be out there on the job, with no one to hold your hand.. and its tough mate! I havn't been doing this too long.. and until i started getting comments on my work i didnt see what others did.. but with helpfull advice and timely comments i have started to iron out the kinks..
Might have been her first wedding and i know mine was terrifying for me.. i had visions of the brides nails popping off!! Be nice to fellow techs cause Karma is a butt kicker!:hug:

Well nothing is going to be said to her from me now, have spoke to another geek and have made this decision.
It wasn't her tutor who i spoke to about the nails it was someone who doesn't know her.
I'm not out to name and shame, my point at the beginning was that when someone has been doing nails for 12 months, i personally expected a better job done.
When i first started doing my beauty training i had very little confidence in my work but over the years it has grown a hugh amount and that is because i always put 100% into ANY treatment i do because at the end of the day that is what i expect from anyone doing treatments for me.
I always try and get feedback from my clients, even now and i do chat to them as to why it is important for me.
I think any good therapist has to build up their clients confidence so that if any problems arise then they can go straight to them, i don't feel like i can do that and that is a shame.
Maybe i can take it more than most but i need people to be honest with me, like you have been and others on here.
So thanks all :hug:
And i hope your hand is feeling better :hug:

tip blend is acetone...read Geeg's advise above on using tip blend. I was taught to blend a nail tip using a file...i don't see how a white block can get right to the corners of your tip and also due to its size i would think there is more chance of catching the natural nail.

Completely agree! I can't be in the same room as a white block without it catching my skin! :eek: <OUCH!!!!>

In fact, once when I went to get my nails done by a 'professional' (I wanted to get my nails done so I could show off my new engagement ring) she went over and over my nails AND SKIN with the white block. My fingers looked like something out of Nightmare on Elm Street! So much for showing off my engagement ring when my fingers looked like they belonged to Freddy Kruger!!!

Ooops. I'm ranting and I'm off topic. Sorry. :o

&#4326;Mandy&#4326;;637378 said:
Well nothing is going to be said to her from me now, have spoke to another geek and have made this decision.
It wasn't her tutor who i spoke to about the nails it was someone who doesn't know her.
I'm not out to name and shame, my point at the beginning was that when someone has been doing nails for 12 months, i personally expected a better job done.
When i first started doing my beauty training i had very little confidence in my work but over the years it has grown a hugh amount and that is because i always put 100% into ANY treatment i do because at the end of the day that is what i expect from anyone doing treatments for me.
I always try and get feedback from my clients, even now and i do chat to them as to why it is important for me.
I think any good therapist has to build up their clients confidence so that if any problems arise then they can go straight to them, i don't feel like i can do that and that is a shame.
Maybe i can take it more than most but i need people to be honest with me, like you have been and others on here.
So thanks all :hug:
And i hope your hand is feeling better :hug:

point taken and im glad you didnt take ot personaly.. thanks for the wishes.. on the mend now :green:

Latest posts

Back