Nail tip will not adhere

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamransom78

Reaction score
I just had an older client at my table. I preped her nails and went to glue the first tip on and it WOULD NOT ADHERE to the natural nail. I thought something was wrong with my tips or glue so i glued one on myself and it stuck fine. She recently had a stroke and is on alot of medications. Could the medications be the issue?? :irked:

This may be a stupid question, but did you buff the nail plate an cleanse?

This problem can occur if you rock the tip too much when applying or if you move the tip to straighten it when you actually should be applying the pressure.

Pressure is what EC adhesive needs to polymerize it. If you alter the pressure by moving the tip or do not apply the pressure for long enough in one position you can stop it from adhering properly.

Every nail technician should have a bottle of brush-on or spray activator in case of such moments. Spray a tiny amount of activator and reapply the tip and all should be well.

Whether or not the adhesive DRIES does not depend on how you have prepared the nail plate ... adhesion depends on good prep., but not the drying process. HTH

Also the cyanoacrylate in nail glue reacts faster in heat (just like acetone) so if your clients hands are very cold it will set slower;)

I just had an older client at my table. I preped her nails and went to glue the first tip on and it WOULD NOT ADHERE to the natural nail. I thought something was wrong with my tips or glue so i glued one on myself and it stuck fine. She recently had a stroke and is on alot of medications. Could the medications be the issue?? :irked:

have you removed all the grease from her nail plate you need to lightly buff the nail being careful to not damage the natural finger nail and wipe with cleanse before applying tip

Latest posts

Back