nail tips...any i do not need to blend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
hi guys

can anyone let me know what nail tips i can get which i don't need to blend? At the moment i am using tips without a well area.

i like using the permanent french tips for this reason but can i get away with not blending the totally clear ones if i then use a natural or pink L&P overlay?

any suggestions would be great...
thanks

dianne x

If you never blend tips then you will never be able to when the need does arise.

If you always use white tips, you will never perfect your smile lines - trust me I know - been there LOL - what happens when you need to do a french backfill when you put the smile back in?

It is best to use good quality tips. Some of the really cheap tips take more blending. I find that if you file out enough of the well to fit exactly with the clients smile line then there is minimal blending needed. I do most of my blending before application of the tip and then just a few swipes and it is done.

Hope this helps a bit.

Fiona is right.......I too went quite happily doing French Tips for ages....but then you get someone whose nail beds just arent right for them and then PANIC! :ack:

You do really need to practice blending and yes.....it still takes me what seems like an age but I try my best to remove most of the well area as Fiona says and pre blend 'em before getting 'em on there!

practice does make perfect!

all the best with it!

:sunny:

I have never tried the white tips - are they good.

Also i always do the blending when they are on the nail - should i try blending before - and if so what is the best way to do this

Di

Hey all... Just quick word about French tips and blending.

The downside to not blending a tip in all the way (clear, French, or natural) is that your extension edge will not be as strong.
Your product is several times stronger than a tip... the more tip is left behind after application... the less product is there.

Thats the primary reason I blend all of my tips.
Its a good point made by all that you will never perfect your application technique if you use french tips as well.
Another point to consider is that the French Tip will fit far fewer clients consistently. That means you will be tempted to use it on unsuitable plates.... that translates to an increase in cracking and breaking :(

Anyhooo... thats my £.02 pence ;)

hi guys
thanks for the replies...
although i do white tips i do apply normal ones as well!

I must admit i struggle with the white rebalancing and smile lines...i did post a message asking anyone out there if they knew of someone who did one-to-one troubleshooting etc (paid of course!) in Herts or cambs area but noone answered!
just have to keep practising! I have a trainer hand but find i am probably making the same mistakes over and over, hence need the one-to-one guidance! Trainer hands are great for the practise but need to know i'm getting it right!

thanks dianne

Right girl stand by your brush lol.................
Ok Hun here is what you can do, it has been mentioned here a few times, but will recapp for ya.............

L&P french tip practice:
Get a tip, draw on the back of it, with a black pen, a smile line........
thin marker pen works best.....
then on the front apply the white L&P tip smile line........
use the black line as your guide...............
do this a few 100 times and you will be smiling pretty soon..................
It gets you used to getting a nice curve.................

Also go to theTutorials you will find the best possible advice on smiles, rebalances aso................
Hey best 1-2-1 on the net you could ever get.............
It's been my learning add on tool .......so use it's free...........
love Ruth xxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
Tell me to mind my own business, But you say that you do most of your blending once the tip is on the nail. I was taught that this was the worse thing you can do, because no matter how careful, The blending will cause some damage to the natural nail. When clients come to me for nails, the worse damage i have seen as always be from manual blending of tips while on the natural nail.
So just be aware of this.
Lesley

lesley1965 said:
I was taught that this was the worse thing you can do, because no matter how careful, The blending will cause some damage to the natural nail.

If that happens... it means you are not blending the tip... but rather the natural nail ;)

True many techs don their red bandannas and call themselves Rambo at this point, but those are the type of techs that damage the hell out of the plate regardless if they are blending or not.

You should never have to touch the nail plate whilst blending a tip. :D

Well having watched Sam at Gmex, blends tips ( very gifted), it has made it easier for me, all that I was taught just slotted into place.

So maybe Master Nail Geek could we have a few small movies, pictures are great, but, actually seeing this performed helps oodles. :idea:

Hi there folks

Crickey tipping is a mine field isn't it!?

Well the base line of it is, as Sam says, blending in your tips will give your final structure it's ultimate toughness. Remember "the tip is for length and not for strength". Leave space for your overlay to do it's thing!

Contrary to popular use (extract French Tip from box and stick straight on nail!!), French Tips HAVE to be pre tailored to the smile (ie get out the curved scissors or 100/180 grit file).

All other tips (clear or natural) whatever type of contact area they have of course can be pre-tailored completely to the smile line and you may continue to blend them in entirely. But remember if you don't at all, then there's usually alot of tip bulk there. What chance has your overlay got of donating it's strength??

But here's a great tip :D
If you are violently terrified of doing smiles with white powder (which is understandable since you have an audience in the shape of YOUR CLIENT!), use your clear/natural/pink overlay at zone 1 but TRY to make a smile - this way you practice smiling without glaringly leaving blips and blobs at the smile line!!

:D :D :D

hi guys

i can't thank you all individually as so many of you took the trouble to answer my plea on tip blending - so a HUGE THANKS to you all!!!

I have just come back from a client, i have tailored and blended the tips and was really pleased with the result!!!!

I'll def try the advice about drawing a line on the back of the tip and practice, practice, practice.....

thanks again and what a fab site...i wish i had known about it before.

dianne

Hi guys

I was taught to blend tips in once they are on the nail plate - i am doing ok with this but now a bit worried about the nail plate underneath - making sure i am not to rough - how do you blen the tip before you put it on the nail

Di

You just buff it thinner before you apply it that's all. Saves doing it whilst it is adhered to the natural nail.

Personally I never pre blend ... but some find it a useful technique for them. What ever works for YOU and doesn't cause harm to your client is OK.

hi my new years resolution is going to be to learn to SCULP CREATIVE WAY!!! save loads of time then...i too hate blending and initially i too was taught to blend once the nail tip is on, that was until i did the creative conversion...i guess there is a lot of us that have been taught bad habits until we found creative...it is cheating with white tips and i want to be the best so im going to complete all the master classes...was going to this year but have a lot of personal probs at the mo that is preventing me at this moment in time but there is plenty of time...vicky

This is not meant to pick fault with Vicky's post because I know she is excited about learning more and the Master classes will be something to really look forward to. But just to be clear on a couple of points she has raised ...

Blending tips while on the nailplate is not a BAD habit if you do it skillfully.
There are MANY ways to do things well and the ones that work for you are right for you. I for one choose not to pre-blend tips because I don't NEED to but for those who feel comfortable doing it ,,, GREAT.

Using French tips really isn't cheating ... some would call it a 'new and improved' way of achieving a beautiful result. I never use a French tip without using Perfect White powder over the tip ... sometimes I sculpt, sometimes I use clear tips and Perfect White ... doesn't matter how you do it .... there are many ways not just one way. Some technicians have more ability than others to make those powders work for them.

BUT when it comes to teaching ... All we Creative ambassadors teach the SAME information, because it is important to be consistent and not to confuse the student. So we choose methods that are tried and tested and that we know work for the beginner. All students are taught to blend tips skillfully on the nailplate ... this is not wrong .. it is an important part of a technician's development to get control of the abrasive and not to cause damage.

Master classes take those skills and hone them to perfection (hopefully) and this is where we can get Creative and explore some of the tricks of the trade that will really enhance the nails we are working on and the enhancements we create, but the skills learned initially are still an extremely important part of your infrastructure as a nail technician. otherwise you can't move on to the next level.

i guess u said it in 1 sentence there for me geeg...i want to move onto the next level!!!

i am very happy with my nails...not L&P but bio sculpture gel...i am going to tackle the L & P after xmas again with some extra training...i have come across nail plates that the white tips just r not suitable for and if id of had the sculpting skill behind me then i would've been able to do those nails...i feel i am cheating (or should i say taking short cuts) using white tips, that doesnt mean im not happy with the final result i am just ready to move onto the next level...

i know u can blend nail tips and not damage the nail plate as debbie and carmen showed me how to pre blend... i was trying to get across that i have had some bad training till i found creative...

maybe it came across wrong, i dont no...hope ive cleared it up now...

vicky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back