Nail Tips application question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eilidh74

Reaction score
Can anyone help - Im struggling to apply nail tips without getting air bubbles in them. Does anyone have any advice that would help? Ive trained in Calgel and its Calgel tips Im using.

Hiya are you applying to layer of gel to the nail before the tip?

I did a Calgel advanced day yesterday and they went over tip application.
In short you need to make sure tip is correctly sized.......400 or 600 depending on how curved the natural nail is. Trainer said better to over size than under size & you can customise tips by gently filing the side of the tip if needed. Make sure you apply enough resin, removing any excess on a piece of tissue & apply the tip slowly, I was surprised how slowly this could be done!! Slide tip down natural nail until free edge of the natural nail connects with the well of the tip then slowly rock backwards filling the well with adhesive & adhering to the nail (hopefully with no bubbles!) hold for a few seconds & you should be good.
A fab tip he gave us was for anyone struggling with application to practice with an ordinary tip with cuticle oil instead of resin. Apparently the oil is the same consistency as resin & will behave very similar so you can practice over & over again with no damage to natural nails.
Hope that helps is difficult to explain I know what I'm trying to say hope you get what I mean & i've not waffled on lol.
If your really struggling get in touch with someone at Calgel am sure they'd help out I've always found them to be really helpful :)

What advice did they give you when training? Can you not go back and have a short 1:1 and get some more support?

Can anyone help - Im struggling to apply nail tips without getting air bubbles in them. Does anyone have any advice that would help? Ive trained in Calgel and its Calgel tips Im using.

Are you using false fingernails ??

Hi Guys, thanks for the replys. I think the cuticle oil idea is the way to practise for a bit.

Hi, list the steps you use to apply tips and maybe we can spot something that will help. :)

I've merged the two duplicate threads and deleted the duplicate question.

Are you doing the rock on motion with tips? Hold your tip at a 45-degree angle at the free edge and then slide the tip down!

Latest posts

Back