Nail tips not fitting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beki89uk

Reaction score
Hiya, ive done a set of gel nails on a model this evening, the tips looked like a perfect match to her natural nail but when I finished the tips looked a bit small and stretched, what am I doing wrong?? Thank you xxx

You need to check that the tips fit from sidewall to sidewall, as in from side to side not just checking from front on.
Also you need to check that the arch of the nail (or mayb the term c-curve) is right for the tip too. If you nail plate is quite flat a deep c-curve is used you would find yourself pressing the tip down almost to flatten it to the nail . This wouldn't b a suitable fit and eventually the tip would become loose.
The same applies if you tried to fit a lesser c-curve tip to a nail with a big c-curve, the middle would fit but the sidewalls wouldnt!
Hope that makes sense x

You'll be able to stretch a smaller nail tip to look like it covers but it won't hold effectively if it's too small and may well crack or pop off down the line. It's far better to use a tip that's bigger and customise it to fit - file down the sidewalls of the tip before you glue it - do it gently a bit at a time until your tips fit flush. If once they are on they turn out to be too big (if you've misjudged ) you can carefully file the tip to shape. Does that answer your question hon? Xx

Thanks both! I did my training a while ago but just can't seem to get it right which is why I'm getting lots of models to practice ;( I think I'm miss judging the size as she didn't seem to have flatter. Ails St.

**** nails etc sorry xxxx

It also depends on the quality of the tips - what brand are you using hon? Xx

All products are nsi. It's strange because the tips look a perfect fit and the end result look a bit small. Xx

I always keeps a full variety of tips for different nail shapes as some are really flat and some are quite arched. I more often than not have to tailor the tips for the perfect shape, hth's :)

Ok that's what I will do in future, I supposed it's better to file the tips instead of having it too small!! Thanks for the advice everyone xxx

Latest posts

Back