Nail tips or sculptures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all your replys
i will have to practice on my mum im sure she wont mind,
ill get there in the end
thanks xx:)

I'm going to jump onto this thread with a similar question. . .

To those who use both, what are your deciding factors for choosing sculpt over tip or visa-versa. I saw one answer, sorry don't remember who, who said they let thier client decide? That she explains the difference and the client makes the ultimate decision?

What are the pros/cons of each? What would I be telling my client about one vs the other?:|

Just curious what other techs think.

Shiloh

To those who use both, what are your deciding factors for choosing sculpt over tip or visa-versa. I saw one answer, sorry don't remember who, who said they let thier client decide? That she explains the difference and the client makes the ultimate decision?

What are the pros/cons of each? What would I be telling my client about one vs the other?:|

Ulimately I decide - I tip and I sculpt and tbh I choose whichever is the easiest option!! So, if a client has a bit of free-edge and fairly regular shaped nails I sculpt. If her nails are really short or bitten, or really flat and wide then I tip......

I'm happy to tell a client that I find one easier than the other in different circumstances. Tbh, most of my clients haven't seen a roll of forms before I pull them out of my box, so are quite intrigued! Then there are some who want tips regardless......

:DI have to say I`m a total sculpture girl i find tips a bit fiddly, I don`t know if its because i`ve got big hands or what but i was taught mainly to sculpt and find it quicker and easier. My clients who have had tips in the past are now totally converted to sculpts and say they wouldn`t return to tips. :D

hi geeks
been practicing sculpture alot and i have come to a conclusion, i like sculptures better than tips!!
just thought i would let you no and thanks for all the replys
tracy x

tipper- but soon to start sculpting....... i think sculpting is a real art form :). I think if a can master a sculpt then i would change my mind.

I prefer and only do sculptures.

I really want to learn sculpt! I like working with tips, but then I suppose I dont have anything to compare it with. On my CND course the tutor did a nail with a form, it looked so easy but I bet its not!

I do both , tip & sculpt.

I really want to learn sculpt! I like working with tips, but then I suppose I dont have anything to compare it with. On my CND course the tutor did a nail with a form, it looked so easy but I bet its not!
Just practice, practice, practice and it gets really easy!

it does take time to get the hang of it but once you do it is so much quicker than tips x

Latest posts

Back