Nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This technique curing gel on the nail first then applying the tip is a follow on technique that Backscratchers techs (me included) use to protect the nail plate,when doing fibreglass sets, ...... but having said that, I've never done it with gel.

who are you trained with i'm a bit concerned with this like i said have never heard of it, where's geeg i'm sure she can put us straight lol:confused:

I trained with Bellissima gel. As far as I know the guy who started it was also involved with calgel. It's been a week now and mine are still intact as is my models x

This technique curing gel on the nail first then applying the tip is a follow on technique that Backscratchers techs (me included) use to protect the nail plate,when doing fibreglass sets, ...... but having said that, I've never done it with gel.

Yes, Backscratchers use to teach this method of putting a layer of resin on the nail first .... gaaawd, that brings back memories :)

Wow, I've never heard of it! Learnt something new today ;)

Was thinking of getting in touch with my trainer after these comments. Getting a tad panicky now and I don't want a bad reputation:(x

I trained with Calgel and this is how I was taught, (layer of gel cured then tip on tip) never had a problem with this technique it works well with Cagel.

Annie x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek

I trained with Calgel and this is how I was taught, (layer of gel cured then tip on tip) never had a problem with this technique it works well with Cagel.

Annie x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek

Thank you for your reply. It was the way we were trained. i have actually trained there many times and its a well known salon in my area so I wouldn't think they would teach you something that wasn't correct but I suppose you never know. You have put my mind at ease a bit lol. Thanks again:)xx

hi i'm not saying this is wrong in any way it just surprised me as i had never heard of it, but i suppose most trainers all do their own thing and use different techniques and if your having no problems then just carry on as you've been trained, good luck.:biggrin:

hi i'm not saying this is wrong in any way it just surprised me as i had never heard of it, but i suppose most trainers all do their own thing and use different techniques and if your having no problems then just carry on as you've been trained, good luck.:biggrin:

Hi, I know that but when starting out and receiving feedback like that I get quite nervous. I'm certainly not a confident person as it is so was really starting to panic. I actually think I'm quite gullible and I def believe what others say at times. If you say black is white and others say the same then ill believe it lol. It's been just over a week & nails still ok:)xx
Happy Valentines Day Geeks xx

Latest posts

Back