Nail Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi ya, i know this may have been asked a number of times and i have done a quick search but cant seem to find the answer im looking for but may be typing it in incorrectly, anyhow just wondered what nail tips people use that are very strong? thanks in advance x

All nail tips are strong! What are you using? Are you having a problem??

Carole Lindsay said:
All nail tips are strong! What are you using? Are you having a problem??

adding onto what carole posted, you need to use tips with that are made from Virgin ABS...the ones made from acetate are not as strong or bond as well to the nail....just a bit of info that may help

It isn't the tip that adds the strength, Its the overlay. Like the others have said use abs plastic because they are made from virgin plastic and are better quality.
Hths

Fab Freak said:
adding onto what carole posted, you need to use tips with that are made from Virgin ABS...the ones made from acetate are not as strong or bond as well to the nail....just a bit of info that may help
Ah i think the ones i use are acetate not Virgin ABS? I know its not the tip that makes the extension strong but im foinding them bendy to work with and they dont seem to bond as well to the nail so wondered which ones you use x

Kellyc said:
Ah i think the ones i use are acetate not Virgin ABS? I know its not the tip that makes the extension strong but im foinding them bendy to work with and they dont seem to bond as well to the nail so wondered which ones you use x

Most professional nail tips are made wih ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadene Styrene).
I only know of one make that uses Virgin ABS for each run of tips, all the rest that I know of re-cycle the 'bits' back into the next run of tips where they get melted down again. ABS has less oil in the manufacture of the plastic which is why they adhere more securely to the natural nail. they are 'drier'.

'Bendy' is a characteristic of Acetate tips. Lots of oil in the plastic = less good adhesion to the plate in fact poor adhesion to the plate. They are usually hard to blend in with the abrasive, sort of skipping over the surface rather than really getting hold of it and thinning out. Also they do not have good colouration but appear sort of see throughish if that makes sense and are quite shiney. Usually price is an indication as to what is what as Acetate tips are very cheap and ABS is more expensive. Virgin ABS is even more expensive as each run is 'pure' and nothing gets recycled. A virgin run insures quality control, colour control, no yellowing of the tips as they age in the box and no finding that some tips are more brittle than others.

Having said all that!!! It is as rightly said the product that provides the strength. A tip mearely acts as a guide to shape and length. If you sculpt there is no tip at all and the nails are even stronger at the point where the tip would normally be adhered. The product always has a stronger bond to the plate than the adhesive.

Tasty piece of information :p ! Thanks Geeg!!!

HI

I like CND velocity tips and millenium salon gold.

Hi Little Angel

I agree with both tips too, out of interest what are the Millenniun Salon Gold made from do you know ??? they certainly feel soft to blend and im sure it doesnt say in brochure or on tip box ??

kx

Little Angel said:
HI

I like CND velocity tips and millenium salon gold.

Hi

Looked in the brochure to confirm and its ABS plastic. Says and i quote " only the finest ABS plastic is used" ect.

thanks must have old brochure or blind !

thanks

kx

Little Angel said:
Hi

Looked in the brochure to confirm and its ABS plastic. Says and i quote " only the finest ABS plastic is used" ect.

Creative makes the best tips to me, like Velocity, and Formation. Also, Tammy Taylor makes tips that are pre-etched (pre-blended), so it cuts down on the time you spend blending them in.

Hiya,

Tip Co tips are fantastic and come in a range of shapes and colours from clear, natural to white, also Nailorder do fantastic tips and again a variety of shapes.

Amanda

I've used all sorts of tips and its sometimes best to pay a reasonable price as they tend to be better. I've used Star Nails tips which are okay and also Pro-Impression gold tips which are great to blend and i get the hafl well tip which is good.

Latest posts

Back