Nail Trainer Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cute Tips

Mastering it Geek!
Reaction score
Hello All

I got a nail trainer on ebay last week for only 64 pounds, I received it in the post yesterday and it is in great condition and everything............but i have no instuctions!!!!! ( didnt expect much else for 64 quid!)

I have had a good look at the hand and can work out so far that the pink click on nails act as the nail bed and cuticles............now this is where a need some help from you guys!!

Do I need to apply tips as I would normaly do.......and then whatever system I am using?

If i do, then is it ok to use up my cheapy tips and glue, rarther than my good tips and gel bond?

Once the pink click on nails have be practiced on, do i throw them away or are they reusable in any way?

When i want to practice my nail art, do i just use blue tack or somthing like that to stick the tips in place whilst i work my art on them????

Also where can I get some more of those pink click on nails?

Sorry there is so many questions, but i want to make sure im using it right!!

Thanks
Rebecca,xx

Just to second some of what was said - I'm awaiting a nail trainer too (£64 - snap!) and I assume no instructions - if anyone has a booklet, how many pages is it? Enough that it could maybe be scanned or photocopied? If I turn out to have instructions I'll scan then and turn them into a pdf, so anyone else getting nail trainers second hand can get hold of them.
The extra pink nails can be got from Nail Order and Essential Nails at least, not sure if CND sell them or if that's only for people doing CND training.
I don't think the pink nails can be reused, but they can be saved as examples of your work... I think Essential Nails do a different type of click on nails for airbrush practise so maybe they can be used for practising and displaying nail art.
Lol x

Hiya, I bought one of these cheap too! mine did have some instructions though. Basically the orangy coloured things that click into the fingertips are the nail plates that you then stick your tips to. I use my cheapy nails and normal nail glue (takes a bit longer to bond though as no body temperature) you can then practice blending, overlay etc as normal. I dont think they are soak offable?
I use bluetac to stick nails onto my trainer when i want to practice nail art / polish etc and you can order more nail beds from essential nails not sure of web address but im sure someone else will point you in the right direction. Hth x

Here is the link for the page in the EN shop for nail trainer nails:
http://www.nailcourses.co.uk/acatalog/Nail_Trainer.html
They even do replacements for the finger tips, which I never knew! They also have a manual in the Books section for £1.70 - does anyone know if it's worth buying, or not really?

This is the page for Nail Order. You have to register with them to buy and see prices, but I seemed to have no problem doing that. They're the same price as Essential Nails
http://www.nailordercatalogue.co.uk/site1/prod_page.asp?w=1&lv=97

I don't know about EN's delivery, but Nail Order do next day on any orders placed before 3pm - in fact I had my order confirmation and dispatch notice within about an hour of each other!
Lol x

Hi, I also have a second hand nail trainer. I brought all the additional bits and peices from essential nails, the glue, extra nails and booklet the booklet is handy as it says how to look after your nail trainer etc. Also see it as an investment if you sell yours you will be able to sell it with manual etc!!. Essential nails sent my items within two days and potage was reasonable to. I also brought progress cards for 85p each you have to add vat but the prices with vat are shown inbrackets. Also there is no minimum order. Hope this helps jenny :D

Thankyou for the replys, they have really helped.
I cant wait to use it now!!
Im doing a Creative Conversion tomorrow so my 'hand' will be coming with me!
I think im gonna have to give it a name! I keep refering to him as 'the hand'!........
......isnt that strange........i feel that its a him!!

How about 'Andy'?? LOL

Cute Tips said:
i feel that its a him!!

it's far too useful to be a man! :lol: and it doesn't answer back

Well, i too have a nail trainer and i found it to be very usefull. Everything said so far is true, you can purchase adicional nail beds for your nail trainer both on nail order and essential nails. There are a special kind of nails to click on for airbrushing, they are larger like they were extended and essential nails sells a display card were these nails can be placed to display in the salon. They also have a nail glue specially designed for the nail trainer, it's mant to mimic the setting time of other glues on natural nails, it sets in about 10 sec on the cold nail trainer. Unfortunatly the nail beds are not reusable, acetone would melt the plastic they are made of... Another thing in case you didn't quite get the intention. When you put the nail beds on you can put them untill you hear 1, 2 or 3 clicks this is meant to mimics more or less deep grooves, and you can slide the nail back or foward to have more or less free edge, for example to practise for a nail bitter. To remove the nails slide them untill they come off instead of trying to lift them! Sorry for the long reply but just wanted to share everything!!

Got my hand in the post today, but I'm a bit disappointed (ooh, I'm starting to sound like a right whinger with all my posts...) - the middle finger was out of its socket, which I did manage to fix, but the thumb tip is really tatty and loose - the nails don't quite fit properly, and it's all wobbly.
I'm emailing the seller to see if they'll at least contribute to the cost of buying a replacement set of tips, but knowing my luck this week, I'm not holding out too much hope!
Lol x

bimbogeri said:
Got my hand in the post today, but I'm a bit disappointed (ooh, I'm starting to sound like a right whinger with all my posts...) - the middle finger was out of its socket, which I did manage to fix, but the thumb tip is really tatty and loose - the nails don't quite fit properly, and it's all wobbly.
I'm emailing the seller to see if they'll at least contribute to the cost of buying a replacement set of tips, but knowing my luck this week, I'm not holding out too much hope!
Lol x
if you got it from ebay (which i am assuming you did) and it isn't as described, email them telling them this - i think ebay will step in on your behalf if an item doesn't match up to the sellers description. Failing that you can always tell the seller that you will be leaving negative feedback...
hope you sort it. I've been fortunate with my ebay purchases (many of them at that but not many nail related ones)...
best of luck

Hi All

I found this on http://www.nailcourses.co.uk/acatalog/VIDEOS.html

Video - Nail Trainer Demo
12 minutes of video footage showing the Nail Trainer being used. Included as part of the standard Nail Trainer system This video is a great aid to learning how to get the most benefit from the industry standard training aid.

Price: £4.25(Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)

thought it might be of use, thanks for all information about nail trainer I'm only just starting my mani/pedi so I have a long wait until I move on, can't wait......

There is a nail trainer mannual that you can purchase from Essential Nails that will give you all the information you need. You can order on line www.esssentialnails.com Also if the nail trainer is well used, you can have it overhauled and restored to perfect condition.there is a fee for this- Give them a call to find out the details.

Latest posts

Back