Nail Trainer help required

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Hi all...

I have just bought a nail trainer ready to practice my Brisa, but I can get a tip to stick on the false nail bed...can someome tell me how you do this, do I have to do something before I try and attach a tip....its driving me crazy,

I feel a bit dumb lol asking this question but what the hell, I just dont get it lol

hi

are you using the nail trainer glue? hope you dont think i am being cheeky asking but you need to use essential tip adhesive..

hth
Ann

I'm a Star said:
hi

are you using the nail trainer glue? hope you dont think i am being cheeky asking but you need to use essential tip adhesive..

hth
Ann

Nope I was using Solar Seale, I didnt get any instructions with this (it was bought 2nd hand).....do I need a special adhesive then?

Im sure you do not need to use Essential Nails Adhesive for the Nail Trainer - we used CND Gelbond which i use on my clients on our Nail trainers on CND course - works as well !!

However if you do purchase and use EN Specific Nail Trainer Adhesive - dont use this on Clients !!!

Correct me if i'm wrong guys

kx

Karren said:
Im sure you do not need to use Essential Nails Adhesive for the Nail Trainer - we used CND Gelbond which i use on my clients on our Nail trainers on CND course - works as well !!

However if you do purchase and use EN Specific Nail Trainer Adhesive - dont use this on Clients !!!

Correct me if i'm wrong guys

kx
Thanks for the response Karen, this is a Creative branded trainer so I assumed that solar seal would work or any adhesive for that matter...I will try some resin out of my Fabric kit, as I dont have any Gel Bond..

Louise, we were taught to put a thin layer of l&p on the end of the false nail first then when it was dry nail glue the tip to it as normal ... seemed to work anyway :)
HTH

Joanne xx

Ladies thanks for all the replies....as it stands now I beleive I can use any nail adhesive i use I dont need a specific brand/type..

Joanne I will try the L&P method aswell tonight....

Fab Freak said:
Hiya
I assume its a 'glue' - maybe I could use evostick instead lol or am I being really silly?
Hi Louise ... Sorry I have not seen this thread before to help you.

GelBond will work on the nail trainer, but thin adhesives will generally not.

If you have Fabric# then here is what you can do.

Put a drop of BOOST on the tip of the trainer nail and spread. Spread a little also in the well of the tip. Put a touch of Brush on Accelerator over the tip and then apply your tip and press and hold still for longer than normal for it to start to dry. 10 secs or more.

You could also use BOOST and then spray activator but you'll have to be quicker in your application of the tip.

There was no rush Geeg.

Thanks for the tip will have a go with this tonight,

It was so frustrating over the weekend when I could get a tip to bond as I so wanted to play...

Hi Louise,

Most nail adhesives will work on the nail trainer but the thinner ones will take 2 days (LOL) to bond but they do eventually (I really mean about 30 seconds) - I know, I have tried.

Latest posts

Back