nail trainer nails keep falling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
has anyone else got this problem with their nail trainer?.....when i start to file and buff the nails i am finding it very hard to keep the nails in place and its so blooming annoying :irked:

the other problem i find is its a lot harder to fit a nail form properly on those pesky rubber fingers too

i have had my nails trainer for ages now but i've never really used it much untill now so its not been overused and falling to bits or anything

any help would be appreciated on how not to ping the nails off when filing and buffing....lol

stanleyann

Although i can't offer much in the lineofhelp I know exactly how you feel. I kept having the same problem with mine when i came to file the nail. I got fed up with it so its collecting dust ontop of my fridge!!

Hi Stanleyann

Are you putting your nt nails in with 3 clicks? You may find this will help. Or it could be when your holding the finger (rubber bit) you are holding too hard and this makes the nail pop up!

Hope this helps, or I may have the total wrong idea! lol

Take care x

I had this problem too even after 3 clicks. When i came to filing they just pinged across the room. Very annoying is it!

I had the same problem, it turned out to be the cuticle oil at the end of the procedure making things too slippery. Try giving it a right good clean and hopefully things will stay put.

thanks for the advice....i am clicking 3 times so thats not the problem....i dont use cuticle oil when i finish a nail (on nail trainer i mean) so thats not the problem either....it might be the holding of the rubber fingers too tightly that could be causing it....i am just gonna get it out again soon for a wee practise so i will see how i get on

stanleyann

I found when i was trying too hard this used to ahppen especially when i was practising tip blending wot a pain. But as i learnt not to be so heavy ahnded this happened less often (only less lol). Try using your file in a different way so you get a broader sweep in when filing. Hold it like a handshake then extend the finger over the length of the file this means more of the file is in contact with the nail and not just puttin pressure on one palce.

I hope this helps a litlte
x

thanks scatty, i will try my hardest not to be too rough

i didnt get a chance to practise last night but i am going to bring handy andy out of his box right now......hopefully i will be back soon with a few pics

stanleyann

i found that as i was holding the fingers tightly i was pressing the white release buttons and everything kept falling apart - I stopped being rough and hey presto!

Yes I have this problem with mine yesterday I got that mad with it as the tips would just not stick on!!!!

In the end I got out the good old orange sticks and blue tac stuck a nail tip on that with the blue tac and did some smile lines LOL!!!!

Caz xxx

I have to admit to taking the rubber fingers off and using it without them on some fingers that the nails wouldn't stay on.

Fingertips ND said:
i found that as i was holding the fingers tightly i was pressing the white release buttons and everything kept falling apart - I stopped being rough and hey presto!

i think that was part of my problem too...i tried again yesterday and i got on a lot better.......although i did find the longer tip...cant remember what size it is....still popped off, i think its because of the length of that nail.

i was quite pleased with the nails i done yesterday....i did try to get a pic but i have a new camera and i cant figure out how to do close up photos yet...i will dig out the instructions later and try and work out how to do it

stanleyann

The Nail trainer is a training aid!!!!

It is designed to let you know when you re being too rough.
If the nail beds pop out, you are definitely filing far too hard and if this was a person they would be complaining.

As I said in an earlier post, those that do not use their nail trainer or are experiencing problems such as yours do so because they are not working with it correctly and no one has explained to them that these things SHOULD happen to let
you know when you are doing it incorrectly.

i had this problem when doing my course

See above post!!

bet me to it.LOL

geeg said:
The Nail trainer is a training aid!!!!

It is designed to let you know when you re being too rough.
If the nail beds pop out, you are definitely filing far too hard and if this was a person they would be complaining.

As I said in an earlier post, those that do not use their nail trainer or are experiencing problems such as yours do so because they are not working with it correctly and no one has explained to them that these things SHOULD happen to let
you know when you are doing it incorrectly.

i think i was being a little rougher than i needed to be but i think its because it was the nail trainer i was working on, i'm certainly not too rough on human nails, if anything i would say sometimes i'm a little too gentle and that is why i have noticed sometimes the cuticle area is not as well buffed as it could be for fear of over filing......one of the many things i have taken into consideration and i know i need to work on....i will say that i am learning to sculpt with my brush a little better now so not so much filing is needed :D

stanleyann

Mine occasionaly pops out , then I am gentler and its fine.

Latest posts

Back