Nail training help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brown2013

Reaction score
Hi there,

So basically I have trained in manicures pedicures and Calgel nails. I haven't done for a few years due to having my kids, I'm thinking about restarting as does fit in well around my husbands job and the kids. My question is although I have trained in Calgel, am I able to use another system on clients if I choose not to use calgel again?

Also for acrylics, dip powder, builder gel would I need to retrain again or is this something I can do with self practice and offer?

Sorry for so many questions it has been a little while so I'm just trying to figure out which is best route to go down before I rebuy my kit etc

Thanks for reading xx

Unless you have a level 2 Nail technician qualification, where’d you covered acrylics, soak off and hard gels etc.., you’ll need training in the different product types in order to purchase professional liability insurance.

If it’s been a while since qualifying and working with gel, your insurer might want you to take a refresher course anyway.

Maybe look at completing your level 2 rather than short 1 day courses?

Thank you!

Yeahhh I was thinking some refresher courses would be needed, I mean I'm in no huge rush to do this as a full time job or anything mainly for myself n prob a few close family and friends till I'm up to scratch again!

I'll look into the level 2 as well as that's deffo another option!

Thanks again 😊

Latest posts

Back