Nail training

Hi all

Im looking into doing nails professionally. I am always doing my friends and family and would like to turn it into a buisiness.

I do not have any training and am wondering if anyone cab advise me on qhere to go or what to study.

I live nr great yarmouth, norfolk. I currently work 37 hours a week so a course would need to fit into my working week.

Please help
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

PixieBeauty

You have two broad options. You can either try find an evening or part time course at a local college (maybe an FE or 'technical' college) near you or you can train with a private company such as CND(aka Sweet Squared), NSI, Young Nails, OPI and more. When I trained I looked into all these options, phoned up colleges and all companies listed and got their prices, dates and details of what the courses covered & locations, and then decided on the best route for me.

There are lots of pros and cons to each pathway, try using a search on salongeek as this has been asked before and you'll get a rich variety of experiences and advice from people who've gone down different pathways Xx

I have just done Signature Gel polish with ASP. They were really good and covered everything I needed to know. I am going back to do there hard Gel course. There products are good quality and reasonably priced. You can get a prospectus from your local Sally salon services store. Been on quite a few courses lately and ASP were the most professional and had the best content. Xx

Thanks.

I currently work in childcare and as well as doing adults nails I am looking into doing children's nail parties. I am presuming I need qualifications? X

If you have a look at www.nailharmonyuk.co.uk ring your nearest educator and they will give a list of what they offer with regards to training xx

CND all the way. I don't think you can beat there education/courses/products. I have gone to college and many seem to use low end products. I know people out there will say other brands but for me - CND.

You can do day courses depending on your background in nails or blocks (i.e 8 days maybe in succession) which maybe you could take holidays from work to attend? Just a thought. Call sweetsquared they will give you all the info you are after.

PixieBeauty

Thanks.

I currently work in childcare and as well as doing adults nails I am looking into doing children's nail parties. I am presuming I need qualifications? X

Yes you'll need qualifications and insurance Xx

Where do you get the insurance from?

Where do you get the insurance from?

I get my insurance from natwest for my salon. It's about £35 a month but if your mobile/freelance then it's usually a lot cheaper usually between 60-150 a year depending how many different services you offer eg hair, nails, make up, beauty that sort of thing. Check trade magazines as they are always advertising insurance. Xx