Nail training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickyagwyn

Reaction score
Hi all

Im looking into doing nails professionally. I am always doing my friends and family and would like to turn it into a buisiness.

I do not have any training and am wondering if anyone cab advise me on qhere to go or what to study.

I live nr great yarmouth, norfolk. I currently work 37 hours a week so a course would need to fit into my working week.

Please help
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You have two broad options. You can either try find an evening or part time course at a local college (maybe an FE or 'technical' college) near you or you can train with a private company such as CND(aka Sweet Squared), NSI, Young Nails, OPI and more. When I trained I looked into all these options, phoned up colleges and all companies listed and got their prices, dates and details of what the courses covered & locations, and then decided on the best route for me.

There are lots of pros and cons to each pathway, try using a search on salongeek as this has been asked before and you'll get a rich variety of experiences and advice from people who've gone down different pathways Xx

I have just done Signature Gel polish with ASP. They were really good and covered everything I needed to know. I am going back to do there hard Gel course. There products are good quality and reasonably priced. You can get a prospectus from your local Sally salon services store. Been on quite a few courses lately and ASP were the most professional and had the best content. Xx

Thanks.

I currently work in childcare and as well as doing adults nails I am looking into doing children's nail parties. I am presuming I need qualifications? X

If you have a look at www.nailharmonyuk.co.uk ring your nearest educator and they will give a list of what they offer with regards to training xx

CND all the way. I don't think you can beat there education/courses/products. I have gone to college and many seem to use low end products. I know people out there will say other brands but for me - CND.

You can do day courses depending on your background in nails or blocks (i.e 8 days maybe in succession) which maybe you could take holidays from work to attend? Just a thought. Call sweetsquared they will give you all the info you are after.

Thanks.

I currently work in childcare and as well as doing adults nails I am looking into doing children's nail parties. I am presuming I need qualifications? X

Yes you'll need qualifications and insurance Xx

Where do you get the insurance from?

Where do you get the insurance from?

I get my insurance from natwest for my salon. It's about £35 a month but if your mobile/freelance then it's usually a lot cheaper usually between 60-150 a year depending how many different services you offer eg hair, nails, make up, beauty that sort of thing. Check trade magazines as they are always advertising insurance. Xx

Latest posts

Back