Nail trauma or fungal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty91

Reaction score
Please see photo attached.

Fortunately in all my years of being a beautician I have never come across any surprises like this.

Just took this ladies product off. Was on for 4 weeks (magpie gel) never had one single issue ever before. Only on this one nail and slightly on the one next to it is this discolouration.

I want to just ask as I constantly doubt myself and question myself (a bad habit of mine). Would you say it was fungal? A trauma? Any other suggestions/ explanations ?

My lady does not recall doing anything and it is not soar to touch.

I am just perplexed as the new nail regrowth is totally fine and super healthy but this was the result under just this one and slightly to the one next to it.

Any advice is always appreciated x

Attachments

• IMG_20210715_203121.jpg
    IMG_20210715_203121.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
Classic bacterial infection, not fungal or trauma. Also known as a 'greenie' - usually as the result of lifted product and moisture, debris, oils, etc gather and the green colour is actually bacterial waste products.

Historically we were told once exposed to the air the bacteria dies and the staining left behind can be left to grow out, new product can be applied once cleaned and dehydrated, etc. However there is new advice now:-

https://nailknowledge.org/nail-know...LtCDa-VgHMdfHW8jw05EmHfkpZxYFPwreehK9PXLePFDc

Latest posts

Back