nail varnish causing yellowing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi all - i wonder if any of you have any idea WHY my clients nails are yellowing? its not actually the nail enhancements themselves but the nail varnish is yellowing... it is driving me nuts. i have been onto opi but am STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY. it seems that it doesnt matter what varnish they are applying, it goes yellow - even the opi varnish is having the same affect. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

thanks girls

OPI-nails said:
hi all - i wonder if any of you have any idea WHY my clients nails are yellowing? its not actually the nail enhancements themselves but the nail varnish is yellowing... it is driving me nuts. i have been onto opi but am STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY. it seems that it doesnt matter what varnish they are applying, it goes yellow - even the opi varnish is having the same affect. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

thanks girls
It could be alot of things, sunbeds and also does the top coat comtain uv inhibitors (dont quote me on that......dont know if i said that right)

I havnt had any problems with Creative Speedey but have had some yellowing with Super Shiney (or the other way round) I know i'm being really blonde today........too stressed to type
This prob hasnt helped you has it
Sorry
Amanda

You using a base coat?

Some enamels (especially those with a lot of pigment) can still stain the upper layers of the nail (especially when no base coat is used).
Another problem could be your remover as well. Try a mixture of 9 parts acetone and 1 part water for best results.

Hope this helps ;)

Hey Amanda, chances are it was more likely to occur with Speedy as its a fast dry top coat without the colour stabalizers of Super Shiney.

HPH's ;)

Just wanted to say its probably if you aren't using base coat. My mum always wears nail polish, and usually dark colours. She has always done this since i can remember. The reason she always wears dark colours is because her natural nails have got a yellowish tinge to them. But when i've persuaded her to base coat them or leave them natural for a while it starts to improve.

Hope this helps.

The Nail Geek said:
Hey Amanda, chances are it was more likely to occur with Speedy as its a fast dry top coat without the colour stabalizers of Super Shiney.

HPH's ;)
Thanks Sam
I was having a blonde moment and i know i use both so i coulndt determine which went abit yellowish on a couple of clients btw they were sin bed junkies too!
Amanda

thanks for all your help - one thing i did forget to say was that one of my clients put opi acrylic base coat on first before her varnish and it still went yellow. she doesnt use a sun bed as i had already told her about the use of them yellowing her nails. im totally stumped. anyway thanks again for all your help. it is greatly appreciated.

ive had yellowing on my nails after using the new opi splash colours. I use acrylic base coat on my nails always but it hasnt helped they look awful when i remove the colour and have had to buff off the yellowing

I've used a base coat on nails and the polish or nail art and then used millennium top coat (airdry) and the nails have gone yellow (even on acrylic).

Also I know that some 60 second nail varnishes can cause yellowing on nails.

Hope this helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back