Nail varnish slid off the nail, what the heck?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had this happen to them.

Last night I was doing a luxury manicure. So I decided to paint the lady's nails first because after luxuries I tend to find the nail plate too greasy.

So did cuticle work, scrubfreshed the nail plate to clean and dehydrate put on Lumos base, one coat Nubar pink then let it dry. When I went to put on Lumos top coat it sort of dragged the colour straight off the nail. Now the polish coat was dry when I put the topcoat on.

Now I can where anything on my nails shellac last in excess of 5 weeks on me. But when I tried the same as my client it pulled the colour off again.

Any ideas geeks, would it be a compatability issue perhaps?? :eek:

Hi

Have you used Lumos top coat before or is this the first time? You have to load your brush and just float the top coat over the colour using as little strokes as possible.

Hth

Xx

I must admit my bottle of top coat is about half full and seems to have gone a bit thick!

Wonder if that is the problem. Any ideas what I could thin it down with. It almost seems to have gone sticky. I have a new bottle but really don't want to throw away half a bottle not really cost effective xx

Wow never heard of this before! I am still only a trainee for the next 8 weeks tho. Sorry im stumped on this 1! Very interested as to what the problem was and if anyone else can shine some light x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I must admit my bottle of top coat is about half full and seems to have gone a bit thick!

Wonder if that is the problem. Any ideas what I could thin it down with. It almost seems to have gone sticky. I have a new bottle but really don't want to throw away half a bottle not really cost effective xx

I have always been told to never use anything to thin a polish. Adding something to the top coat will change its chemical structure so it probably won't behave how it is supposed to, it has been made the way it is for a reason and that is why it dries so quickly and protects the colour so well, these factors could be compromised by adding something else. The best thing is to store them out of sunlight in a cool place and then it shouldn't go thick, I know that doesn't help with the bottle you have but might help with your next one.

I have always been told to never use anything to thin a polish. Adding something to the top coat will change its chemical structure so it probably won't behave how it is supposed to, it has been made the way it is for a reason and that is why it dries so quickly and protects the colour so well, these factors could be compromised by adding something else. The best thing is to store them out of sunlight in a cool place and then it shouldn't go thick, I know that doesn't help with the bottle you have but might help with your next one.

Cheers Hun I understand exactly what you are saying.

Give me half hour I'm gonna try out some of the other nubars and I've got three different old top coats gonna try them.

I usually only use standard polish on acrylic, use shellac n OPI gel colour on natural nails.

But this lady just wanted a little pink shimmer for Hols. Gutted I couldn't do it for her. Back soon xx

:o

Hmm me thinks I've been a little spoilt by shellac and OPI and the amazing no waiting time lol.

OMG forgot how long normal polish takes to dry on natural nails. Added to the fact that her house was a little chilly last night. I thought the varnish colour coat was dry but I reckon it wasn't.

Btw does normal varnish dry quicker on acrylic x

Latest posts

Back